Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind the P85D has a sport mode (3.9 sec ish), an insane mode (3.1 sec) and ludicrous mode (also extra 5k if you were an existing owner down to 2.8 sec)

So those numbers are a tad skewed. BUT... it would put a 75D along side a standard P85. Very close.

I just had the loaner in "Insane" mode and that felt insane, like violently fast, especially from a standstill...it snapped your head back.
I dont feel the uncorked 75D is quite like that, off the line it doesn't hit you the same way and the curve seems more gradual.

I just had the loaner in "Insane" mode and that felt insane, like violently fast, especially from a standstill...it snapped your head back.
I dont feel the uncorked 75D is quite like that, off the line it doesn't hit you the same way and the curve seems more gradual.

It won't, while an extra 0.8s or so doesn't sound much the reality is quite profound in how it feels and where it occurs.

Roughly, the P cars have a larger rear motor so from standstill much more power can be sent rearwards which is where you need it, look at any performance 4WD ICE with diffs and they talk about what proportion of the power that can be sent backwards. As soon as the benefit of that fades away, and its fairly quick, the performance is similar to the non performance cars. Its why many people moaned that the P85D didn't feel like the power numbers suggested above 30mph, and in fact were very similar to the none P at that point. So the extra 0.8S saving is largely in the first 1.5 -2 seconds or so, hence the "holly cow" feeling when you floor it, after that they perform very similarly.

The Ludicrous did something else, it made for a longer sustainable push, so you continue to pull harder even when the benefit of the rear motor has subsided. The further reduction in time is partly in from the higher speeds although there is still some extra benefit off the line.

I have model S 75D Delivered May 2017 in Germany. Still waiting for Feedback from Tesla support. Has anyone here in Germany or other European Country received the uncorking?

I got a "your car currently shows as non-elegible. But call in 2 weeks ... maybe it will be updated".
Portugal, 75D, Vin:153xxx, delivered Sept2016.
Hope that this is a phased roll-out that will hit Europe sometime soon ...

I get mine uncorked in 2 days. Called SC to confirm its on the menu. They had a change of tune (I also spoke with SC manager) and they totally understood uncorking now and how it applied all 75Ds. I emailed and called several times after the news broke and when I finally got a hold of someone in service at Highland Park they gave me the same spiel about my car being too old and WARP said eligible but that didn't matter. Stoked to get P85 performance.
I get mine uncorked in 2 days. Called SC to confirm its on the menu. They had a change of tune (I also spoke with SC manager) and they totally understood uncorking now and how it applied all 75Ds. I emailed and called several times after the news broke and when I finally got a hold of someone in service at Highland Park they gave me the same spiel about my car being too old and WARP said eligible but that didn't matter. Stoked to get P85 performance.

I'm still denied. Tried the SC, then tried service na. Denied again. I think "all 75Ds" is not true. I hope I'm wrong but it really looks like there is no hope for me.

when would you even really use that? getting on a freeway maybe but likely there will still be some slowpoke in front up ahead..lol. I know here in denver cops would love to catch a 3 sec 0-60 person driving on most roads that are 25-45 mph...