Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update frequency seems slower...big update incoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after obsessing over the update schedule on the ev-fw website, I’ve noticed it’s really tapered off with the release of the last two oddly named updates and the one lonely .103 one from updates every few days. Could this mean a bigger, more substantial, dare I say one with real release notes, is imminent? For those that remember ap1 and the ramp up from 7.x to 8.x is the pattern similar? We are approaching the 1 year anniversary of 8.0.

Or... they got the software to where they think it's good enough and are concentrating on AP2.
Can you clarify what you mean? The two recent releases went mostly *to* AP2 cars (in total, one was mostly AP2 and one was split...)

upload_2017-8-10_10-3-20.png

And, the '103' data entry was really an '833', it was entered that way by someone who thought that was the real number, which it sorta is. 833 is really 103 under the skin before the hash name is added. (If you look 'inside', 103 is the real name, but the name we see is the hashed name; so there is no 'separate' 103 release.)

Can you clarify what you mean? The two recent releases went mostly *to* AP2 cars (in total, one was mostly AP2 and one was split...)

View attachment 240826

And, the '103' data entry was really an '833', it was entered that way by someone who thought that was the real number, which it sorta is. 833 is really 103 under the skin before the hash name is added. (If you look 'inside', 103 is the real name, but the name we see is the hashed name; so there is no 'separate' 103 release.)

I am not sure why he put .103 out there. I had 44833 updated at the service center and the paperwork clearly says "17.28.27" but that, just like .103, would just cause confusion which is why I updated my profile to 44833.

That when Tesla had a lot of recent releases it was to fix bugs and improve the software. If software releases have slowed down for AP1 cars, it *could* be because they got the software to a level they're comfortable with, fixed all the bugs they care about (not all the bugs that exist), and are transitioning their efforts elsewhere.

I'm not saying this is the case. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment, but really you never know...

.103 is the actual release name. Not sure, other than perhaps security reasons, that we have this new nomenclature. It was @Ingineer who added .103 record and he knows.

There's nothing related to security with the new naming. It's a "git commit hash." It helps the developers match the version they are shipping with an exact snapshot of the code that corresponds to that release.