Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i mean they looked amazing ... this was from my drone flying over the kato road near factory .. already been caught by tesla security and warned about consequences... But, worth it .. see the cars rolling out now

You are doing the Lord's work my friend! My wife thought I was kidding when I told her the other night that someone from TMC was flying a drone over the factory to verify black builds. You are a legend in my book!

Hopefully one of those black Performance was mine! Doubtful as there are plenty of you ahead of me in line....

I’ve been looking every few days since March and just found my VIN in the page source - 12xxx. Ordered Black on Black, Performance PUP w/ FSD in Aug 2019 in the Los Angeles area. No contact yet but think I’ll give Tesla a call to confirm this is actually happening. This is the fourth black Model Y order I’ve heard about (including @BR5220, @Raiders in this thread and here VIN for White/White PUP) that received a VIN in the past couple days. It appears Tesla is finally producing black Model Ys!

Last edited:
You are killing me. Mine is AWD and ordered a year before you and they told me in march my car was ready for delivery. Still no VIN pickup from burbank.
That’s total bs! Sorry to hear brutha. This is my first Tesla so I’m learning as I go. I’ve learned that their communication, manufacturing schedule and customer service is amateur hour. I have a VIN but have heard nothing from Tesla this entire time so I don’t know what happens next.

Exactly. Performance could be with or without PuP (performance upgrade package). The PuP includes the 21's, red brakes, lowered suspension, and increased top speed.

I've been seeing a lot of people with LR AWD models saying no PuP, or just referring to the LR AWD model as a none PuP, which just adds to the confusion haha.

Following up on my earlier post, after finding my VIN in my account page source, I called my delivery center at Marina Del Rey. Ashley was very helpful (much more than the folks at the Nevada site). She confirmed my VIN was assigned yesterday and the car is in the “pre-production” phase, so it has just started production. She said I can expect to receive the car by the end of this month, so about 4 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery at this point in time. She confirmed they haven’t seen any black Model Ys yet at the Marina Del Rey center and mine would be one of the first to arrive there. She indicated I will get a call or text when the car is ready to be shipped to the delivery center and she confirmed it will be a touchless delivery. Looks like this is real.

Following up on my earlier post, after finding my VIN in my account page source, I called my delivery center at Marina Del Rey. Ashley was very helpful (much more than the folks at the Nevada site). She confirmed my VIN was assigned yesterday and the car is in the “pre-production” phase, so it has just started production. She said I can expect to receive the car by the end of this month, so about 4 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery at this point in time. She confirmed they haven’t seen any black Model Ys yet at the Marina Del Rey center and mine would be one of the first to arrive there. She indicated I will get a call or text when the car is ready to be shipped to the delivery center and she confirmed it will be a touchless delivery. Looks like this Is real.

That's really good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Following up on my earlier post, after finding my VIN in my account page source, I called my delivery center at Marina Del Rey. Ashley was very helpful (much more than the folks at the Nevada site). She confirmed my VIN was assigned yesterday and the car is in the “pre-production” phase, so it has just started production. She said I can expect to receive the car by the end of this month, so about 4 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery at this point in time. She confirmed they haven’t seen any black Model Ys yet at the Marina Del Rey center and mine would be one of the first to arrive there. She indicated I will get a call or text when the car is ready to be shipped to the delivery center and she confirmed it will be a touchless delivery. Looks like this is real.
That's so good to hear! Still waiting on my VIN and I ordered on 2/1/20. I drove by the MDR site this morning because I've lost my mind and I saw a pretty MSM AWD waiting to be picked up. Getting excited.

Black/Black non PUP ordered April 28, 2020. Paying cash. Just got a text stating to expect delivery 2-4 weeks (but end of text says it could be sooner). Picking up from Costa Mesa, CA.

No VIN in source (yes its source code to the page written in HTML, dont know why some think HTML is not source). And no VIN on the manage page (obviously).

Honestly I was kind of hoping for a few month delay because I want all those new hires since factory reopened to practice on other people's cars first.

Last edited: