Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No VIN but I did just get this TXT message!!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days.

"10 days" means "two weeks" of working days.

Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.
Add "one extra week" for the shipping to the east cost and local dispatching.

just got the same text . not able to find the chat feature.. any idea where its hidden ?

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

• Informative
Reactions: geraldineinsf
Black/Black non PUP ordered April 28, 2020. Paying cash. Just got a text stating to expect delivery 2-4 weeks (but end of text says it could be sooner). Picking up from Costa Mesa, CA.

No VIN in source (yes its source code to the page written in HTML, dont know why some think HTML is not source). And no VIN on the manage page (obviously).

Honestly I was kind of hoping for a few month delay because I want all those new hires since factory reopened to practice on other people's cars first.

If you REALLY want to delay we can swap orders... I have the same configs and still haven’t received my vin yet. Just a welcome email.

• Funny
Reactions: geraldineinsf
just got the same text . not able to find the chat feature.. any idea where its hidden ?

Nice!

You need to go to the Model Y page, it's in the bottom right corner.

When did you place your order? We're in the same area, and ordered same specs, I think, so trying to gauge how far behind I am...

Black/Black non PUP ordered April 28, 2020. Paying cash. Just got a text stating to expect delivery 2-4 weeks (but end of text says it could be sooner). Picking up from Costa Mesa, CA.

No VIN in source (yes its source code to the page written in HTML, dont know why some think HTML is not source). And no VIN on the manage page (obviously).

Honestly I was kind of hoping for a few month delay because I want all those new hires since factory reopened to practice on other people's cars first.
If you delay it I'll probably grab it :)

Update.

My info: black/black, LR AWD, No FSD, no hitch, ordered on 5/26, intro email from TA on 5/28, No VIN, Tesla Financing, Seattle.

Just checked in with my TA via email since I hadn't received the text message many other have. He said we are just waiting for my car to be assigned and "we are working on getting vehicles out asap so be prepared for a delivery in the next few weeks! We can’t wait for you to get into your new vehicle."

A few weeks sounds promising... however, not getting my hopes up at this point because the level of inconsistency in customer experience is astonishing.

Reactions: beezy
The wait is killing me!! MSM/White interior LR AWD 20" FSD -- the last convo on chat I had, I was told they weren't making white interiors just yet but would be "soon"...though if they're saying 4-8 weeks for new order, I assume "soon" means within that timeframe? I ordered my vehicle October 2019.

Nice!

You need to go to the Model Y page, it's in the bottom right corner.

When did you place your order? We're in the same area, and ordered same specs, I think, so trying to gauge how far behind I am...

Hi ordered in Feb 2020 last week .. BLACK/BLACK/FSD/AWD

so some insider scoop.. the VIN assignment has gone manual from automated due to riots/curfew in places enroute delivery ..

so, Tesla's goal is to get as many cars as possible before end of quarter with maximum margins.
The algorithm is as follows for manual VIN assignment ..

1) find all users who have completed financial information with Cash/Tesla financing/ loan company with which we have relationships.
2) find users by locations where current active trucks are loading .. assign VIN.ID to Design.ID based on the routes .
3) if any cars left which cannot be assigned .. do local deliveries from any nearby locations ..
4) provide estimates based on the current model using text messages ..

so some insider scoop.. the VIN assignment has gone manual from automated due to riots/curfew in places enroute delivery ..

so, Tesla's goal is to get as many cars as possible before end of quarter with maximum margins.

1) find all users who have completed financial information with Cash/Tesla financing/ loan company with which we have relationships.
2) find users by locations where current active trucks are loading .. assign VIN.ID to Design.ID based on the routes .
3) if any cars left which cannot be assigned .. do local deliveries from any nearby locations ..
Thanks for the information. I wonder what that means for us that have received a VIN but have had no contact from Tesla at all?

Very informative. You are literally our eyes and ears.

I hope that "find users by locations where current active trucks are loading" means if you got a VIN it has a booked slot on a truck.

Thanks for the information. I wonder what that means for us that have received a VIN but have had no contact from Tesla at all?

this is before last week, than you have been assigned VIN and car should be produced this week and shipped based on early estimates .. they haven't figured out yet how the transport works or is stuck in transport if already produced.. they might contact once it reaches tesla delivery centre..

Very informative. You are literally our eyes and ears.

I hope that "find users by locations where current active trucks are loading" means if you got a VIN it has a booked slot on a truck.

If it changed to VIN assignment since yesterday.. than yes correct, they figured out the logistics else it might be last week model.. reach out on chat and figure out with them as they can pull more info based on RN number and VIN id

Last edited: