Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered during the Y presentation last year and the VIN finally showed up in the source today. Seems like forever and a half. Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini. Worried about my trade-in value since that was valued a couple of months ago before Covid. Another slight concern since I've waited this long is what might be announced on Battery day this month. First world problems :)

Wow, that was fast. Got my VIN yesterday and got an email to schedule delivery today. I choose next Saturday at the Renton delivery center.

Question for those who might know, Tesla can't change my Trade-in value and loan APR at this point right? Thanks in advance!

(Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini)

Ordered during the Y presentation last year and the VIN finally showed up in the source today. Seems like forever and a half. Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini. Worried about my trade-in value since that was valued a couple of months ago before Covid. Another slight concern since I've waited this long is what might be announced on Battery day this month. First world problems :)
Wow, that was fast. Got my VIN yesterday and got an email to schedule delivery today. I choose next Saturday at the Renton delivery center.

Question for those who might know, Tesla can't change my Trade-in value and loan APR at this point right? Thanks in advance!

(Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini)
Your trade-in quote has expired by now and used car values have declined.
Because the Y is so new, I wouldn't worry about imminent changes from Battery Day.

So 4 days after seeing your VIN in source and deliver is 10 days after seeing in source, I
Assume you picked earliest delivery day.

Nope...they offered me this Tuesday, but I have some work commitments and needed to postpone. I also wanted to give them a few more days to hopefully do a thorough inspection of the car and I also need a couple days to secure my own bank financing. Friday it is then...

at the moment i see a lot of black and white cars being produced and in shipping/Loading parking lot at factory... so, I'm sure they are shipping everywhere as they are waiting to be loaded on trucks..
Morning! I’m new the the thread! Any news with MY Black/ White interior/ PUP - I ordered 3/13/20.. Still nothing. I’m trying to not pay for my current tags which are due 6/20! No VIN or anything yet....

Morning! I’m new the the thread! Any news with MY Black/ White interior/ PUP - I ordered 3/13/20.. Still nothing. I’m trying to not pay for my current tags which are due 6/20! No VIN or anything yet....
I sold my car on Shift because it was due on the second. I looked into rental car weekly and monthly rates and they are actually much less expensive than the monthly payment for the Model Y so that's what I ended up doing (I may return it though because I'm realizing my household only needs one car during the pandemic). Consider doing that if the car isn't available until past your date. Looks like you're in LA, I'm in the Bay Area. From what I've heard, the majority of California cars are built last because they take the least amount of time to transport.

I sold my car on Shift because it was due on the second. I looked into rental car weekly and monthly rates and they are actually much less expensive than the monthly payment for the Model Y so that's what I ended up doing (I may return it though because I'm realizing my household only needs one car during the pandemic). Consider doing that if the car isn't available until past your date. Looks like you're in LA, I'm in the Bay Area. From what I've heard, the majority of California cars are built last because they take the least amount of time to transport.
Ok thank you for that info. I will talk to my Husband about that. I'm currently planning to trade in my car. Although, it's 13 years old LOL. So we will see. However, I did receive the text and e mail to prepare for delivery mid to late June! I'm just so confused - yet at the same time I'm enjoying the anticipation.

Ok thank you for that info. I will talk to my Husband about that. I'm currently planning to trade in my car. Although, it's 13 years old LOL. So we will see. However, I did receive the text and e mail to prepare for delivery mid to late June! I'm just so confused - yet at the same time I'm enjoying the anticipation.
Sure. Also consider typing in your VIN to get a quote from a bunch of different car sale sites (Shift, Carmax, Carvana, etc.) and seeing what they offer for your 13 year old car. Shift offered me a few thousand more than Tesla was so I went with them and removed the trade-in from my account.