Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A day ago, I knew where I was going, it was about to rain, and I had the Qtesla web-based weather radar up top. Nav? Why?

For my wife's V9 car, this would be like old times.

V8 rocks, but I'll check to be sure that, despite Elon's 'Ring safari, he's hasn't thrown drivers a bone in v10.

Reactions: Knightowl
Not since Musk publicly said that S and X are no longer Tesla's priority given the low sales figures. The lower priced models are where Tesla is focusing its technology and manufacturing improvements. Musk is the king of distraction. Plaid is the result of tech destined for the new Roadster. Its potential appearance in Model S a year from now, per Musk, portends a delay in the new Roadster. But then we shouldn't be surprised. Nothing Musk says is reliable.

I think they only did plaid for the S because of the taycan

... and the Plaid Model S broke down on the side of the track, getting passed by a Taycan. Maybe Tesla should do its homework and stop embarrassing itself by rushing out there with 2nd class, shoddy engineering.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Uh, the Taycan also broke down. It happens when you push new hardware to the limit. They will be back and crush the time and others. The issue, and topic, is v10 and MCU1 and the dearth of v10 going out to those configs (especially AP2 FSD owners).

The order of release is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu1. I just heard a model 3 owner that didn't even purchase FSD got the update. So much for early access. Another bs Elon tweet

Reactions: croman
....The issue, and topic, is v10 and MCU1 and the dearth of v10 going out to those configs (especially AP2 FSD owners).
Thank you. That is why I’m trying to plow through this thread because I wanted to know the question posed in the OP: has anyone with MCU1 gotten V10?

The lowest VIN I see on Teslafi of the X’s that have gotten V10 is 88XXX. I am VIN 60XXX built in September 2017. Does anyone have an estimate of the VIN numbering when MCU2 started?

Thank you. That is why I’m trying to plow through this thread because I wanted to know the question posed in the OP: has anyone with MCU1 gotten V10?

The lowest VIN I see on Teslafi of the X’s that have gotten V10 is 88XXX. I am VIN 60XXX built in September 2017. Does anyone have an estimate of the VIN numbering when MCU2 started?

Seriously seems like the order is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu 1. Don't think we'll see anything till next week earliest

Seriously seems like the order is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu 1. Don't think we'll see anything till next week earliest
I’m not fully understanding your shorthand. I think you are missing the number 3. And If I’m interpreting that right, it’s not accurate that model S and X with MCU2 are all after model 3 updates because some S and X updates are occurring now.

It would be helpful if this thread could be used to report when MCU1 updates (for those who purchased FSD) actually start.

Reactions: scottf200

Per the plug in sales cards, 11,195 Xs sold in the US in Sept 2017-Feb 2018. Not sure if there's a source for data for the rest of the world, but if you assume US sales are about half and assume all VINs are used and in a linear fashion, then that earliest VIN is likely shortly after the cutover.

If so, they have an enormous lead over any potential competition; far larger than anyone had expected. If they can design, plan and build a brand new powertrain with 3 motors in ~2 days and have it already trounce the best attempt by Porsche, nobody else stands a chance.

I’m not fully understanding your shorthand. I think you are missing the number 3. And If I’m interpreting that right, it’s not accurate that model S and X with MCU2 are all after model 3 updates because some S and X updates are occurring now.

It would be helpful if this thread could be used to report when MCU1 updates (for those who purchased FSD) actually start.

I think he's right. I think they want the positive press out there with all the 3 drivers before they release the update that doesn't have a whole lot baked in for the X and S community, esp those with MCU 1.

3 is clearly the priority here. Even the revision number is 10.1. They aren't even pretending S and X come first.

Screenshot_20190927-221048.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP and pilotSteve
3 is clearly the priority here. Even the revision number is 10.1. They aren't even pretending S and X come first.
Run like a true IT company, legacy customers cost money to keep happy. And besides who wants to be working on boring old cars when they have the latest and greatest toys to work with (with decent CPU power and no yellow screens to deal with).

• Love
Reactions: viper2ko
Run like a true IT company, legacy customers cost money to keep happy. And besides who wants to be working on boring old cars when they have the latest and greatest toys to work with (with decent CPU power and no yellow screens to deal with).

If they were a typical IT company, they would charge 18% maintenance fees, sell to IBM, Infor or Intuit and then be sunset. :-D

Reactions: SO16