TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Version 17.4.14

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tmarcc, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tmarcc

tmarcc Member

I just received and installed version 17.4.14 on my S P90DL AP1 . I think that I'm the first one to receive it among the folks on Teslafi, so I'm reporting it here as a heads-up.

The release notes didn't reveal anything fun though: "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes." Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Thanks! Did you get it at a service center or did it just deliver over the air?

Generally the ones with "release notes" (regardless how paltry they are) indicate they're going to be wider release.

3. zambono

zambono Member

You should post in the 8.0 thread

4. tmarcc

tmarcc Member

@chillaban - I received it over the air, while not at the service center. I typically keep the car on wifi overnight, but I received the software update availability notice when I was out an about.

@zambono - Doh! I'm a little squeamish about cross posting at this point, but I'll provide a heads-up there as well.

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

No one has reported this yet on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App. It would be great if you would add the new firmware version there as well.

Thanks!

6. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I got your notification via a teslafi email. BTW, what version were you on previously?

• Helpful x 1
  7. tmarcc

tmarcc Member

• Like x 1
  8. jf2go

jf2go Member

I just received 17.4.14 on my AP1 90D as well. No idea what changed. I will go for a drive in a bit and see if I find anything. I added my update to the firmware tracker. That makes only 2 of us so far.

9. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Make that 3! First time I have been a part of the initial rollout! Need to figure out which part of the rain dance modifications was the key….

• Funny x 1
  10. LastGas

LastGas Member

So 7 in the tracker so far: All Model S. All either 90 or 70. All HW1. One P model - rest not. Most US - one not. Most AWD - one not. VINs starting with 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16.

• Informative x 1
  11. zjfk2

zjfk2 Member

I got an alert to update. I'm waiting to make sure it doesn't mess with autopilot again. I have a 75d AP1

12. Austral

Austral Member

Even moderators don’t follow forum rules....
    #12 Austral, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Just got it as well; was a quick download and install. Hope one of the bug fixes was the surround sound. Every four to 7 days it would shut off on it's own. Of course it never interrupted the massive fun I've had on a few back roads with some nice twists and turns. #freedom #weeeeee
    :)

13. RichardL

RichardL Member

So it seems that although the cars don't adhere to model years, apparently the software is going to in future...:)

14. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Received it as well. Was previously on 2.52.22.

'Minor bug fixes etc etc'

15. No ICE

No ICE 2016 S75D pearl AP1, & 2014 silver S85 AP1

Same here.

16. livingthedream

Same here. 90D HW1. No changes noticed yet. Has anyone else noticed any improvements? Anxious to get more miles and see if AP has gotten any better!

17. ZeroDarkSilver

ZeroDarkSilver HEPA cleaning your atmosphere, you're welcome

Got 17.4.14 today as well. 30 mins after getting home, got a phone notification from Tesla app that said "Beer's here." Went down to check out what happened and it turns out the car drove itself to the store, bought a bunch of my favorite beer, and came home. I suspect I'll see the bill for it on my next Service Center visit.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
  18. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Why? Did it also stay too long at a Supercharger? :)

• Funny x 1
  19. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Did about 30 miles of city and highway driving... Hard to feel any difference between 2.52.22 and 17.4.14. With that said, I've been super satisfied with 2.52.22's performance.

I noticed a few more instances of my car moving to the side of its lane while passing a truck close to the border. Note that this is a separate phenomenon from truck lust, so I won't say that truck lust is gone/improved.

Overall though, 2.52.22 has been possibly the best AP I had seen before, so 17.4.14 feeling similar is certainly a good thing.

20. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I had the exact same upgrade today, 2.52.22 --> 17.4.14.
    I'm in Australia with a facelift 70D. I've noticed TuneIn radio stations no longer freeze/pause.

• Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1