Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 17.4.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tmarcc

"Everyone has a right to a wrong opinion."
Jul 25, 2016
Los Angeles
I just received and installed version 17.4.14 on my S P90DL AP1 . I think that I'm the first one to receive it among the folks on Teslafi, so I'm reporting it here as a heads-up.

The release notes didn't reveal anything fun though: "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes." Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 5.15.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 5.15.53 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 208
  • Informative
Reactions: chillaban
I just received and installed version 17.4.14 on my S P90DL AP1 . I think that I'm the first one to receive it among the folks on Teslafi, so I'm reporting it here as a heads-up.

The release notes didn't reveal anything fun though: "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes." Screenshot attached.

You should post in the 8.0 thread

@chillaban - I received it over the air, while not at the service center. I typically keep the car on wifi overnight, but I received the software update availability notice when I was out an about.

@zambono - Doh! I'm a little squeamish about cross posting at this point, but I'll provide a heads-up there as well.

I got your notification via a teslafi email. BTW, what version were you on previously?

• Helpful
Reactions: SDFan13

I just received 17.4.14 on my AP1 90D as well. No idea what changed. I will go for a drive in a bit and see if I find anything. I added my update to the firmware tracker. That makes only 2 of us so far.

Got 17.4.14 today as well. 30 mins after getting home, got a phone notification from Tesla app that said "Beer's here." Went down to check out what happened and it turns out the car drove itself to the store, bought a bunch of my favorite beer, and came home. I suspect I'll see the bill for it on my next Service Center visit.

Got 17.4.14 today as well. 30 mins after getting home, got a phone notification from Tesla app that said "Beer's here." Went down to check out what happened and it turns out the car drove itself to the store, bought a bunch of my favorite beer, and came home. I suspect I'll see the bill for it on my next Service Center visit.

Why? Did it also stay too long at a Supercharger? :)

• Funny
Reactions: oktane
Did about 30 miles of city and highway driving... Hard to feel any difference between 2.52.22 and 17.4.14. With that said, I've been super satisfied with 2.52.22's performance.

I noticed a few more instances of my car moving to the side of its lane while passing a truck close to the border. Note that this is a separate phenomenon from truck lust, so I won't say that truck lust is gone/improved.

Overall though, 2.52.22 has been possibly the best AP I had seen before, so 17.4.14 feeling similar is certainly a good thing.