TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MaxK, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MaxK

MaxK Member

The 2nd row seats recline slightly (seat bottom is fixed to seat back so they move together).

This is the seat in the fully reclined position:
    2015-12-24 13.29.00.jpg

This is the seat in the fully upright position:
    2015-12-24 13.29.15.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. There was one shown at the reveal, but it may be an option in the future, but not standard or optional at the moment. Not sure if I would want it, since that is a quick pass through a way for the dogs to be nearer to us and not on the seats.

- - - Updated - - -

No sunshades. They are tinted, but do not yet know how well they control heat here in Florida.

2. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

The rear seat console-- is the main structure of it a carryover part from the S with the USB/Cupholder section added? (YAY retrofit!)

Or is the entire console a new part that just LOOKS eerily close to the S console? (BOO.)

3. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Congratulations MaxK...what a Beauty and a Beast..Thanks for Sharing...Happy driving and enjoy.

4. spentan

spentan Active Member

Oh god that signature red looks phenomenal.

At this stage my only hope is looking for one in CPO Inventory someday

5. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Congrats to you and your family Max. Signature red is beautiful.

6. MaxK

MaxK Member

Here is confirmation of the X charging at 72A:
    2015-12-24 13.28.06.jpg

7. Dan43

Dan43 Member

MaxK congratulations from over the pond in the UK, reading these threads is great.

In your opinion, and it is early, how is the general feel and build quality. Those seats look a lot better than older Model S seats, is the overall feel, build, quality in your opinion premium, it looks like it but you can't beat tactile feel and sensitivity.

Enjoy your new car, (and your sunny location) from a very rainy and cold UK :)

8. MaxK

MaxK Member

I am glad that I went with the dark roof liner. The liner extends below the falcon wing door switches and knowing my kids that portion of the liner would be black regardless of the original color.
    2015-12-24 13.51.22.jpg

9. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

you just helped me a lot ...Dark roof liner for me too..I have messy kids

10. MaxK

MaxK Member

I forgot to answer on the 3rd row. They are fixed and do not recline. They do fold flat and the headrest tucks in so they do not hit the 2nd row seats.

11. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Max. Initial overall impressions on the car? Do you love it, like it, disappointed with it relative to the insanely high price?

12. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

"Insanely" high price? It is an SUV that goes 0-60 in 3.2 and seats 7. It is a bargain compared to a Cayenne Turbo. If you want low price, buy a Kia.

13. CarlK

CarlK Active Member

What is the interior trim? Is it figured ash?

14. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

My car totaled up to $147k. I would qualify that as insanely high for any car. I consider the Cayenne Turbo insanely priced as well. I'm just trying to find out if it's worth that "insane" price.

15. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Thanks for all the very wonderful information and pictures. Happy holidays!

16. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

There is a second Signature Red X in the photo a few cars in....

17. giants2001

giants2001 Member

Would love to see a video of third row folding [emoji851]

18. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

I chose the Black Alcantara for fewer reflections on the panoramic canopy windshield.

We are paying a lot for that view, I want to see it clearly!

(Did the paint robot miss a spot, or is that a reflection in the Sig Red paint?) :smile:

19. jesselivenomore

Love to hear impressions/review. Thanks Max.

20. MaxK

MaxK Member

yes, figured ash

- - - Updated - - -

I do not consider it insanely priced in any way. It is an expensive car, like many other cars. This level of car can't ever really be justified in a value sense (IMHO). You buy it because you want it not because you need it.

After looking at all the other options, I decided that I very much wanted the car. After driving it, I am VERY HAPPY with my decision. (sometimes the thought of owning something turns out to be better than actually owning it. That is not the case with this car!!).

Here are some photos of the full size Range Rover this car will replace. Photos online have sometimes made the car seem much smaller than it actually is. It is wider and longer than the Rover. I am 6'4" and fit well into the X.
    2015-12-24 16.14.57.jpg 2015-12-24 16.15.25.jpg 2015-12-24 16.15.45.jpg