Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2nd row seats recline slightly (seat bottom is fixed to seat back so they move together).

This is the seat in the fully reclined position:
2015-12-24 13.29.00.jpg

This is the seat in the fully upright position:
2015-12-24 13.29.15.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations, MaxK! I thought we had confirmation from Tesla that the six seat config included a second-row center console, at least for Sigs....??

Nope. There was one shown at the reveal, but it may be an option in the future, but not standard or optional at the moment. Not sure if I would want it, since that is a quick pass through a way for the dogs to be nearer to us and not on the seats.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Did a sunshade come for the panoramic windshield and skylights on the falcon wing doors?

No sunshades. They are tinted, but do not yet know how well they control heat here in Florida.

MaxK congratulations from over the pond in the UK, reading these threads is great.

In your opinion, and it is early, how is the general feel and build quality. Those seats look a lot better than older Model S seats, is the overall feel, build, quality in your opinion premium, it looks like it but you can't beat tactile feel and sensitivity.

Enjoy your new car, (and your sunny location) from a very rainy and cold UK :)

What is the interior trim? Is it figured ash?

yes, figured ash

- - - Updated - - -

Max. Initial overall impressions on the car? Do you love it, like it, disappointed with it relative to the insanely high price?

I do not consider it insanely priced in any way. It is an expensive car, like many other cars. This level of car can't ever really be justified in a value sense (IMHO). You buy it because you want it not because you need it.

After looking at all the other options, I decided that I very much wanted the car. After driving it, I am VERY HAPPY with my decision. (sometimes the thought of owning something turns out to be better than actually owning it. That is not the case with this car!!).

Here are some photos of the full size Range Rover this car will replace. Photos online have sometimes made the car seem much smaller than it actually is. It is wider and longer than the Rover. I am 6'4" and fit well into the X.
2015-12-24 16.14.57.jpg
2015-12-24 16.15.25.jpg
2015-12-24 16.15.45.jpg