Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a time of day VIN assignments happen, or should I just refresh all hours of the day/night? o_O
I check CJ/Troy's spreadsheet once a day. If you sort the data set by VIN assignment date, you can get a quick sense of how close they're getting to your date (and color). It looks like blue and midnight silver are the two colors getting all the recent VIN assignment traffic.

Just looked at VIN assignments.
From 20th to 26 inclusive there were only 2 VIN assigned.
From 27 to 5th there have been 31 reported.
I realise there was an alleged factory stoppage but it surely shows some rework/ part issues/ fix problems as unless they are literally assigning as they come off the line there should not be such a delay in assignment surely?
Was there a major STOP SELL recall issue on non assigned cars.
Let us hope not!!!

Also VIN gap from 74XX to 777X as well as 785X to 807X
My gut says that they are fixing a bunch of issues that were reported from early adopters before throttling up. Like for me, I had the cracked pano roof in my M3. Imagine if that went out en masse how overwhelmed the service centers would be. With a 2 months of usage, they probably were able to identify mnay of the manufacturing defects that were present. The question is when is production back online....

From Model 3 Invites, only groups receiving VINs with aero wheels are those owners (prior to 2/22 invites). All non-owners with invites and VINs assigned have the sport wheels.

There is always another step. Here is what I'm waiting to see and anxiously reading any forum and tracking mechanism to see:
  • 2/14 owners getting VINs for red with aero wheels
  • 2/22 invited non-owners getting VINs for any color and aero wheels
  • 2/22 invited non-owners getting VINs for red with aero wheels
  • 2/22 Invited non-owners getting deliveries of vehicles of any color with aero wheels
  • 2/22 Invited non-owners getting deliveries of vehicles of red and aero wheels (I should be in this first batch if not the above)

From Model 3 Invites, only groups receiving VINs with aero wheels are those owners (prior to 2/22 invites). All non-owners with invites and VINs assigned have the sport wheels.

There is always another step. Here is what I'm waiting to see and anxiously reading any forum and tracking mechanism to see:
  • 2/14 owners getting VINs for red with aero wheels
  • 2/22 invited non-owners getting VINs for any color and aero wheels
  • 2/22 invited non-owners getting VINs for red with aero wheels
  • 2/22 Invited non-owners getting deliveries of vehicles of any color with aero wheels
  • 2/22 Invited non-owners getting deliveries of vehicles of red and aero wheels (I should be in this first batch if not the above)

There are still plenty of us current owners that configured before 2/14 that are still waiting on aero VINs. I reserved 2/4 and still playing the waiting game...