Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved: 5/5/16
Invited: 6/27/18@23:23 EDT
Configured: 6/28/18@06:30 PDT
ISA emailed: 7/3/18@01:02 UTC saying I had a vin, and going over my information
ISA emailed again: 7/3/18@19:08 UTC with an estimated pro forma and saying "we need to deliver/pickup the car in between July 8th-July 15th"

Ugh, I am out of the country until July 11th...And banks are closed on July 4th.

Tesla Model 3 | Silver Metallic | LR | PUP | FSD | 18" Aero | RWD VIN: 438xx pending completion of docs & delivery.

oh, and the build page is still showing an estimate of:
"Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18"
Though when I filing out the order page it was saying delivery within 3-6 weeks before it switched to Sep-Nov.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
59C8928B-6DEE-481F-BC16-F2984398E5DF.png
Picked mine up mine today! Everything passed the functional inspection list.
There were a few scratches on the thing between the two front seats below the center console. I noted it but I do not know if i am gonna fuss over it, wife scratched it somehow (nails?) on the way home in a different location. Will for sure want to wrap that surface first chance I get. Why did they choose to use such a soft glossy material there? Its hopeless to keep it pristine.

Also had two small scratches on the plastic (not bumper) under the car near the rear, presumably from loading/unloading. Not gonna fuss at that one either they are very minor.

It only came with lightning and usb-c chargers. Wife and I are sticking with 2.5 year old SGS7s so we will have to figure something out.

Grinned much of the way home. It was a good ride. Lots of storage in the car, its shocking to see personally. Arrived with ~210 miles on the battery. Charging at 32 A is taking forever, its no cell phone thats for sure. Might spring for the HWPC or a juicebox or something.

I picked my M3 last fri 6/29. I have Samsung S6 too. The USB C to USB Male adapter will do the job. Here is the link to Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Acessorz-Hi-speed-Connector-Converter-Interface/dp/B075LHXVNV

Reactions: Dana1
View attachment 314664

I picked my M3 last fri 6/29. I have Samsung S6 too. The USB C to USB Male adapter will do the job. Here is the link to Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Acessorz-Hi-speed-Connector-Converter-Interface/dp/B075LHXVNV

Btw, the 2 USB ports in the front console have 1 Amp which is good for phone charging as well as plugging in your usb flash drives to play music whereas the two rear ones have 2 amp that allows fast charging your phone, but can’t play music. Hope that it helps.

• Informative
Reactions: gogogoducks
Reserved over 1 year ago
Invited April 25
Configured June 11
Edit gone June 18
Still nothing...

Was told 4-8 weeks when I ordered

Ordered the RWD in Black so surprised I have heard nothing. Called Tesla last week and they can’t do anything until a VIN is assigned.

Live just outside of Toronto, ON Canada

Reserved over 1 year ago
Invited April 25
Configured June 11
Edit gone June 18
Still nothing...

Was told 4-8 weeks when I ordered

Ordered the RWD in Black so surprised I have heard nothing. Called Tesla last week and they can’t do anything until a VIN is assigned.

Live just outside of Toronto, ON Canada
I configured May 24 and had delivery Jul 3...you’ll love it:)

Well I'm all in now. ISA is still sticking by my "no later than 14th of July" he gave me. Wants to wait until my car arrives in the Birmingham AL lot before he assigns a pickup date so there is no chance of slide which should happen by the end of this week according to him.

With that being said, I took an offer on my trade in vehicle so I am currently limited to my motorcycle. I'll be utilizing a rental car all next week that I can drop off up in Nashville so lets hope it comes in according to his rough schedule!

Btw, the 2 USB ports in the front console have 1 Amp which is good for phone charging as well as plugging in your usb flash drives to play music whereas the two rear ones have 2 amp that allows fast charging your phone, but can’t play music. Hope that it helps.
Supposedly the front ports are also capable of 2A, but for some reason doesn't seem to work with all devices or perhaps all cars at that speed. Someone manages to get 2A+ Front USB Ports >2 Amps and then others got 1A or less ... though at least one person retested without using a USB extension and got full performance, so perhaps there's a wiring problem that is causing limited power for some / most vehicles, or simply just cheap USB cables between the USB outlet and device?

Any news on AWD? Initially picked that option because I thought that it is most likely to be delivered to me before RWD but I'm now kinda regretting it. Especially given the current radio silence on the 200,000 mark.

If I change to RWD right now, what are the chances that I'll have a delivery date fairly soon? Anyone else who config AWD having second thoughts? (As long as it arrive before September 30th, I'd be happy)

Well, tracking a Telsa is kind of like tracking a MINI. United Road is the shipper. I found the delivery receipt showing it was delivered to Littleton at 9:50AM this morning :).

In case anyone is interested this is a delivery receipt for United Road:

OVISS: Delivery Receipt

Thanks for this information. I just used the United Road customer chat and gave them my VIN. The only information they had for me that my vehicle had been dropped off at the rail yard in SF on June 17... which means the vehicle has been in transit/sitting in Birmingham Al for 19 days. Friends in the rail business have told me it takes 12 days to go coast to coast via rail so I guess my ISA wasn't joking when he said it was taking a 'strange' route this time. Not very happy about that... 19 days (and counting) is way too long. So either its still enroute or it just arrived and is sitting in the lot. My ISA is standing by his statement that I should receive the vehicle next week, 14th at the latest but not contact in about a week and nothing scheduled still. I sold my vehicle today and will actually be in Birmingham next week for work with a rental car so any day would put me in a bind.

Well, tracking a Telsa is kind of like tracking a MINI. United Road is the shipper. I found the delivery receipt showing it was delivered to Littleton at 9:50AM this morning :).

Quick question... did you myTesla page update with a VIN or anything when it arrived a the delivery center?

Reserved 3/31/2016 Stanford Mall ; 10:15am
Invited 3/22/18-ish (they didn't send the email till a few days later, maybe 3/26, but I saw it online days before the email went out)
Configured 5/16/2018, RWD red aero PUP, estimated 3-6 weeks.
"July Delay" email 5/20
1st contact; email 7/2 to complete loan info
2nd contact; call 7/3 to schedule home delivery on 7/12
VIN 2217x (seems SUPER low for a july car!)

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

Wow. It's a great thing I didn't know this existed when my car was in transit or my F5 key might be even more battered.

In any event, I'm a few miles from the Littleton location. Want me to go get it for you? :D