Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a hidden VIN this morning. I cannot really believe it.:)

1st day reservation and order P3D- PearlWhite for Perth.

My VIN is 5YJ3F7EB0KF4884xx with very low numbers in xx, and no contact from Tesla still.
I am hoping the longer wait means a later ship with a post September production, but low numbers in the last two digits presumably means an early build.
Maybe I will find out one day.

All my referrals have now received their cars, despite ordering after me :)

I have however just driven a P3D+ on a 440 kms road trip, alongside a P3D-.
This confirmed the P3D- can do the trip without charging, but the P3D+ needs to drive about 20kph slower to make it.
I made the right choice with the P3D-

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy
My VIN is 5YJ3F7EB0KF4884xx with very low numbers in xx, and no contact from Tesla still.
I am hoping the longer wait means a later ship with a post September production, but low numbers in the last two digits presumably means an early build.
Maybe I will find out one day.

All my referrals have now received their cars, despite ordering after me :)

I have however just driven a P3D+ on a 440 kms road trip, alongside a P3D-.
This confirmed the P3D- can do the trip without charging, but the P3D+ needs to drive about 20kph slower to make it.
I made the right choice with the P3D-
K - 2019 numbers are built up to October 5.

Well, I got a hidden VIN earlier today, then I got 'the call' about an hour later! Was told delivery is planned for mid-December. Unfortunately, the hidden VIN is now not present as my order page on the Tesla website is not loading and I didn't have the foresight to take note of the actual VIN before it disappeared. Will let @Vedaprime know the VIN# once it comes back again.

No reservation, ordered 14-08-19 White SR+

Hi All,

My VIN appeared yesterday too. LR AWD Midnight Silver - 5YJ3F7EB5LF518980xx. Ordered 17/10

No invoice, no phone call. But I don't care - I have a VIN. (Can you tell I'm excited?)

Whilst a pre-Christmas delivery would be amazing, I think the family would not like it as I would probably spend Christmas day on the road. (And boxing day in the doghouse.)

Delivery between Christmas and New Year would suit me fine. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

P.S. Thanks to VedaPrime for all the work on the spreadsheets, etc and extra info.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Vin ranges are not built sequentially. There can be a few production days over weeks covering the same range. The worksheets show a few examples of that occurring. The invoice is the document to wait for with the build date. This will be the best indicator of the exact ship.

in country logistics take 2-6weeks before delivery so anything arriving this Friday will start to be delivered from about November 22ish all the way through to The end of December. Any car arriving in the next 5 weeks will try and be delivered by 31 December. This is very important for Tesla, as they are trying to deliver 360,000 total cars for the year (over 100,000 for the quarter, over 7800 per week) and want minimal cars in transit - which do not count to the total.

The ship arriving Friday definitely has vehicles onboard - ANL Warrnambool for build dates October 3-5.

First time post here from across the ditch. We don't have our own wailing wall. Waiting for P3+, Blue /White, no FSD, no reservation, ordered 14/08/2019. Hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EC7LF5875XX showed up a couple of days ago. Also at the bottom hidden VIN page now is this, "BUILD_TAG_rc_201911042005_". Be interesting to see when the invoice arrives if it was maybe built at 8:05pm on the 4th of November 2019. Been told mid December ETA for delivery in Auckland.

Reactions: jason66
First time post here from across the ditch. We don't have our own wailing wall. Waiting for P3+, Blue /White, no FSD, no reservation, ordered 14/08/2019. Hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EC7LF5875XX showed up a couple of days ago. Also at the bottom hidden VIN page now is this, "BUILD_TAG_rc_201911042005_". Be interesting to see when the invoice arrives if it was maybe built at 8:05pm on the 4th of November 2019. Been told mid December ETA for delivery in Auckland.

If so, mine is a very close twin, with an identical build_tag

"BUILD_TAG_rc_201911042005_". Be interesting to see when the invoice arrives if it was maybe built at 8:05pm on the 4th of November 2019.

I would suggest BUILD_TAG is part of the web page build code/version, not anything to do with the the build of your car. It's also in a commented section of the source code.
To back this up, my page also has that exact date/time, and I took delivery of my car on the 31st of Oct.

I would suggest BUILD_TAG is part of the web page build code/version, not anything to do with the the build of your car. It's also in a commented section of the source code.
To back this up, my page also has that exact date/time, and I took delivery of my car on the 31st of Oct.
Well there goes that theory then. Best I stop searching for answers by looking at stuff I don't really know much about. Still, happy to have been told car is on its way here now.

Was just out at lunch and saw two more white M3s on a truck in Swan st on their way to Richmond delivery centre. Always exciting to see them in the wild.

I'd love to know where my hidden VIN from August ended up. Wonder which country that car went to?...

I've officially graduated from this thread (took delivery today). Really good to hear a lot of VIN assignments the past day or two for everyone else.

There were a handful of TM3's in the Brisbane underground parking, pretty sure preparing for deliveries etc.

Curious, I wonder how many people here still don't have a VIN after the recent allocation spree...?

I've officially graduated from this thread (took delivery today). Really good to hear a lot of VIN assignments the past day or two for everyone else.

There were a handful of TM3's in the Brisbane underground parking, pretty sure preparing for deliveries etc.

Curious, I wonder how many people here still don't have a VIN after the recent allocation spree...?

I don't, it's insane Telsa allocation system....

Reactions: WoodWombat