Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car/s did you come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah yeah, the VW settlement is currently only in the USA. Might be worth seeing if the VW emissions violated the AUS emission laws, and if there is a pending lawsuit there. If there is no action being taken in Australia then unless you create your own suit it's unlikely that you'll be offered anymore...

There is a law suit currently underway, however our emission laws aren't as tough as they are there in the states, so VW are offering a simple fix to address the issue. Don't think much will happen here in Australia in terms of compensation

• Disagree
Reactions: javawolfpack
1985 Toyota Corolla 1.6 GT-S (AE86)
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
2006 Acura RL 3.5
2008 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0
2014 Tesla Model S 60
2016 Tesla Model X 90D

As you can see, I upgraded engine size with each car and, since you typically can't get much bigger than 6.0L, electric was the logical next step.

The S60 was very similar in performance to the G8 which is a very powerful car with a lot of low-end torque. The S60 felt faster still.

The X90D is more powerful yet so I guess my Model 3 is going to need to be ludicrous.

Edit: Also note that none of my cars were front-wheel-drive. That's a prerequisite for being a "car guy" in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: javawolfpack
Had a 2013 M3 Convertible; last year of the naturally aspirated V8. That car was 0-60 in 4.7 sec. It was a super fun car to drive. And being in California, the convertible was fun. Sold it a week ago to a dealer. Did a bit better than what Tesla was offering as a trade-in and way better than CarMax (they don't know how to "value" the fact that the car was still under warranty).

Waiting for new S90D. An even faster car...

Well, there was some poetic license, but... the civic, took it for an oil change and the oil filter wasn't screwed back on properly, all the oil ran out, overheated, warped block. On the toyota truck, freeze plug fell out, all the water ran out, overheated, warped block. No more infernal combustion for me... got a folding bike to keep in the back of the model S, all good, just gotta make sure I don't spring a leak myself, I'm pretty sure if I'm vigilant I can handle it...

Ouch!

I'm getting rid of my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon w/ 135k miles, a stuck turbo wastegate and shot rear shocks

I've also got a 2002 BMW M3. Keeping that for as long at it will stay running...love it.

That's the way to go.

I'm getting rid of my 07 Murano. I bought it used 5 years ago for dirt cheap from insurance money that I received for a totaled CRV :D Have an 09 Prius that still runs like new. That one's going to be my son's first car (he is 4 :D)

My car history:
2007 Prius (158k miles and ticking)
2001 Accord V6 (traded in at 95k miles)

Prius is still going just fine except for the left headlight turning off after awhile. (Comes back on when I toggle the power.)
I'm keeping it as I don't want to be loading IKEA furniture and sheets of plywood into my 90D.

• Funny
Reactions: Austin Powers