Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features do you wish the Model Y came with (Dec 2022/Jan 2023) Wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love my Model Y, but there's always room for improvement...What features would you like to see Tesla make for Model Y or Model 3?

Let's classify this as either A) software updates or B) hardware upgrades (for new cars and possibly retrofitting to existing cars).

I'll start...

A) Software Updates
  1. Please enable the matrix headlights.
  2. CarPlay and Android Auto (which may or may not require HW changes)
  3. Navigate to 3rd party DCFC
  4. Error/warning messages need text-to-speech. The text is tiny and I shouldn't need to look at the screen to see that autosteer is disabled or some other critical alert.
  5. Voice recognition for changing radio stations (I thought every car had this — my Ford and my Toyota did)
  6. Without EAP or FSD, lane changing should be more seamless and less beepy. In my last car (Mach E), you'd signal, it would let you change lanes without lane keeping, and it would detect when you're in the new lane and re-engage lane centering.
  7. Add ability to adjust wiper sensitivity
  8. I've had 3-4 times in my 3 months with the car where the car would not update its status in the app. It was in persistent disconnected status (in a well covered cell area that I go all the time). In a couple cases it was broken for 3-6 hours. I had to two-button restart. Please fix this.

B) hardware upgrades (and please offer upgrades to current owners)
  1. Heads up display (that seems like the perfect minimalist match for Tesla)
  2. Cameras support for Birds Eye surround view (downward facing cameras under the side mirrors, etc)
  3. Infrared eye illuminator and camera tracking for detection driver attention instead of hands on the steering wheel (like Chevy Supercruise and Ford BlueCruise)
  4. 80A level 2 charging (19.2kW). I know early Model S cars had an option. But more and more businesses are installing 80A chargers. Blink and SemaConnect have sold 80A commercial chargers for a while. Chargepoint released a 80A commercial charger a couple months ago. If you can get almost double the charge (vs a 48A charger) during a shopping trip or a movie, or move almost twice as many cars through a charger at a workplace, that would be great.
  5. Vehicle to load and vehicle to house. We've all seen what the Hyndaid/Kia can do with a built-in plug and a J1772 adapter. And the Ford Lightning's ability to power your house. Come on Tesla, we want this too!

2020_Tesla_Model_Y,_rear_8.1.20.jpg

"File:2020 Tesla Model Y, rear 8.1.20.jpg" by Kevauto is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Admin note: Added as thumbnail for blog.

Upvote 0
Irrelevant……..obviously they are more qualified than you
Clearly not, based on their decisions. But don’t take my word for it - go back and look at the reviews by people with UI background. V11 was broadly panned by both experts and users alike.

I’m not saying you have to like it. After, Chevy found people to buy the Chevette. That doesn’t mean it was a good car.

Clearly not, based on their decisions. But don’t take my word for it - go back and look at the reviews by people with UI background. V11 was broadly panned by both experts and users alike.

I’m not saying you have to like it. After, Chevy found people to buy the Chevette. That doesn’t mean it was a good car.
I Don’t need to go back and look at peoples opinions on the internet, just because they say they have a UI background. You keep talkjng about experts but yet you have no PROOF of their expertise, you just read it on the internet it must be true.
If you’re still pissed off over Chevrolet selling you a chevette move on, they continually put out *sugar* products.
If it’s so terrible put your money where your moth is ged rid of the Tesla(s) you have and buy something else…………….you won’t because then You will have to sign up in a new forum and bitch about whatever you can find wrong with that product.

• Disagree
Reactions: brinox
I Don’t need to go back and look at peoples opinions on the internet, just because they say they have a UI background. You keep talkjng about experts but yet you have no PROOF of their expertise, you just read it on the internet it must be true.
If you’re still pissed off over Chevrolet selling you a chevette move on, they continually put out *sugar* products.
If it’s so terrible put your money where your moth is ged rid of the Tesla(s) you have and buy something else…………….you won’t because then You will have to sign up in a new forum and bitch about whatever you can find wrong with that product.
Whatever - you’re the one that’s bent out of shape over it. Clearly you’d rather argue with me so have fun.

Provide 240VAC split phase power to my house -- would have been very good just today.
And I would be happy if the car just provided DC from the main battery to an outside 8KW inverter so that extra stuff is not carried in the car.

More distant (sadly): Drive me home from happy hour being legally responsible for all laws

One more item to add -- I would like a hand hold grip above on the passenger side of the car -- find it sometimes more comfortable to hold a hand grip above the passenger window rather than just resting my elbow on the window molding. I understand these panels above the window are removable and perhaps that is why the Model Y does not provide these grips like most cars --

One more item to add -- I would like a hand hold grip above on the passenger side of the car -- find it sometimes more comfortable to hold a hand grip above the passenger window rather than just resting my elbow on the window molding. I understand these panels above the window are removable and perhaps that is why the Model Y does not provide these grips like most cars --
Just a guess but I would think with the side curtain air bags they don’t want you arm hanging from the side in a crash.

Or that whole safety air bag thing but Why would you need them

• Disagree
Reactions: brinox