Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's up with HPWC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered one too. 8' cable. Then got to talking about placement with my wife and may want to change. Ugh. Guess we can always return/exchange it.
Cable is 8.5' so you get an extra 6 inches. I ordered the 24' because I know there will be times when I have too much stuff in garage and car needs to charge in driveway. Most of the time there will be about 15.5' of coiled up hose though

Cable is 8.5' so you get an extra 6 inches. I ordered the 24' because I know there will be times when I have too much stuff in garage and car needs to charge in driveway. Most of the time there will be about 15.5' of coiled up hose though
I actually typed 8.5' but then changed it. Was just going on memory and, well, you know the saying about the first thing to go when we age. Ha! Thanks for the correction though.

Yeah, I thought about that scenario too but figured if I couldn't get close enough I'd wait a day. Now we're thinking about putting it somewhere else. I guess I'd better reach out and see about changing my order. ;-)

Cheers!

Reactions: loganintx
Ordered mine when I noticed the new version available online 2 days ago (April 13) and I chose Overnight Air shipping since it was only a $1 more. It shipped yesterday and it just arrived!

Did you get a tracking # or ship confirmation? I ordered at the same time, I've heard nothing outside of the order confirmed.

edit - and I would know if they had even created a shipping label to me because of my UPS or fedex account..

Did you get a tracking # or ship confirmation? I ordered at the same time, I've heard nothing outside of the order confirmed.

edit - and I would know if they had even created a shipping label to me because of my UPS or fedex account..

I did get a notification that the shipping label was created on the same day I ordered. Then another notification that it was shipped the following day. They did mention that it could take 5-7 days to process the order, but that wasn't my case. Best of luck!

From the manuals it looks like the updated version recommends 2 awg wire instead of the 3 awg wire recommended on the original wall connector.

Old style:
For most branch circuits of 100A, use 3 AWG (26.7 mm2), 167°F (75°C) copper wire. Ground wiring can be a maximum of 4 AWG. If your ground wiring does not fit into the bus, use a wire nut or other suitable connection method. For installations less than 100A, use conductors that are sized according to local electrical codes.

New style:
For 80A operation, use 2AWG 194°F (90°C) rated copper wire or follow local regulations.