Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go to the Telsa store tomorrow after the price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 50k purchase is not something thousands of people can just decide on one day even if the price just became a lot more attractive. Probably will take at least a few weeks to deliver all the inventory and start having a line again. That said looking at 200 mile range from Los Angeles there are no more LY left that qualifies for tax credit in inventory so maybe there will be a line sooner rather than later.
I see 8 right now, across LA, OC, and SD.

• Informative
Reactions: sunwarriors
Long range? Also it needs to come under 55k with destination charges right? So if it’s over 54k it doesn’t qualify
CA8751AA-64F8-4335-A3FB-C38294A862D7.png

Reactions: sunwarriors
I bought Model-Y on 31st Dec with 7.5K drop but today we see 13K drop + tax rebate; not overly upset like the folks who purchased it in Nov/Dec prior to price drop; called the store where I purchased to discuss possibility of re-fund the difference; the associate was clear they are not doing any refunds. Keep us posted if there are other kind of experiences.

Not much you can do - I'm in the same boat - maybe there's a class action lawyer willing to take this up but will take years. The best thing to do is dump their stock if you own any and don't give them one more cent for premium connectivity or any added features or buy another car from them.
The most important thing is that the victims of price cuts should have a group. Tesla is not a fair trade. They sent a message at the end of December saying that they will give you a discount when you buy it , but they cut the price as soon as you buy it. Your car immediately lose the value obtained in cash equivalent exchange.

The most important thing is that the victims of price cuts should have a group. Tesla is not a fair trade. They sent a message at the end of December saying that they will give you a discount when you buy it , but they cut the price as soon as you buy it. Your car immediately lose the value obtained in cash equivalent exchange.
On tonight’s episode of CSI Special Victims unit - Tesla owners

Reactions: Yelobird
For what it's worth: I was in the Tesla Service Center in Springfield, NJ yesterday around 9 a.m. for a little recall work (wiring harness around the rear-view camera, tightening up of a seat belt bolt, etc.). 'Twas nice, they had me in and out in 45 minutes.

But I was craning around: Lots of people reacting to the drop in price? They did have a sign out front inviting one and all in for a test drive.

Nope, just people getting their cars in for service, although the desk was manned with five people or so. But 9 a.m. on a Friday isn't what I would typically call a busy time in the car-buying game. Now, today would have been a good time to check, but they're too far away from here for a quick look-see 😁.

I took delivery of a LRMY on November 28, just about the worst possible time price wise, except I avoided the very top of the range since I had ordered so much earlier. I paid for what I thought the car was worth. Tesla is a company and prices go up and down. Sure, I’d love to have $10k back, but it doesn’t change the calculus I made when I bought it. No way Tesla will give anyone a refund. Just enjoy the car.

I took delivery of a LRMY on November 28, just about the worst possible time price wise, except I avoided the very top of the range since I had ordered so much earlier. I paid for what I thought the car was worth. Tesla is a company and prices go up and down. Sure, I’d love to have $10k back, but it doesn’t change the calculus I made when I bought it. No way Tesla will give anyone a refund. Just enjoy the car.
Yup. I don't qualify for the EV Tax Credit and when the $7500 incentive was announced I made a YOLO purchase which I rarely do. Bit me in the ass. I could choose to be angry and acting like a Karen. Instead I've been enjoying my MYLR. Car is awesome. I installed mudflaps and rear rocker proctection PPF. I also received my tuxmats for the car earlier this week. Planning on doing a full detail either tomorrow or Monday. Depends on how I feel after my Miami Dolphins either shock the world or get destroyed.

Tesla could definitely be great but I think they’ve gotten arrogant and very anti customer. It doesn’t take much to disrupt the arrogant incumbents. See big three automakers as a good example of this same type of behavior in the past. Microsoft is another good example.

I look at what they’re doing as coming from a place of desperation. You don’t do a price cut like this if you effectively managed supply and demand. No one is looking at this favorably except for new buyers (lucky them).
Disagree. This is a calculated check-mate move from Tesla. Tesla's margins will be lower, but still hugely significant compared to every other EV player. Tesla will increase market share while everyone else looses money on the few vehicles they do manage to sell. This is the right call at he right time

Disagree. This is a calculated check-mate move from Tesla. Tesla's margins will be lower, but still hugely significant compared to every other EV player. Tesla will increase market share while everyone else looses money on the few vehicles they do manage to sell. This is the right call at he right time
Not checkmate but a desperate gamble. Devalue the brand and piss off loyal customers in the hopes of acquiring a whole lot more new customers. It won't drive anyone out of business or the EV market. Too much momentum and government push in that direction around the world.

My next car? Probably another BMW or Lexus. I was going to replace my sedan with a Model 3 eventually but not anymore. I'll probably also offload my Model Y earlier than planned since it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth every time I see it now. I hope that feeling changes in a few month but not right now.

Reactions: WhiteOnWhiteMY
Not much you can do - I'm in the same boat - maybe there's a class action lawyer willing to take this up but will take years. The best thing to do is dump their stock if you own any and don't give them one more cent for premium connectivity or any added features or buy another car from them.
So according to your financial advice , be spiteful and sell your stocks near the bottom market ? No wonder so many reactions are 😂 at you 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and tonyz1
Not checkmate but a desperate gamble. Devalue the brand and piss off loyal customers in the hopes of acquiring a whole lot more new customers. It won't drive anyone out of business or the EV market. Too much momentum and government push in that direction around the world.

My next car? Probably another BMW or Lexus. I was going to replace my sedan with a Model 3 eventually but not anymore. I'll probably also offload my Model Y earlier than planned since it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth every time I see it now. I hope that feeling changes in a few month but not right now.
🤣 BMW? 🤪 go for it ! Good luck there

Reactions: johnnycnote
So according to your financial advice , be spiteful and sell your stocks near the bottom market ? No wonder so many reactions are 😂 at you 🤣
Hey I’m just following the moves of the brilliant CEO. He sold at a lower price than I did. Pretty sad if you think I care about an emoji from an internet jerk.

And bmw makes great cars - high maintenance but great driver cars. They also don’t screw their customers with price shaninigans.

Last edited:
I am seriously dissapointed.. I said this in another thread but this is my experience:

I bought my Tesla for $70k and put a big down payment down (30%). I didn't get GAP because I thought I would be fine with such a big down payment, and believed my car couldn't depreciate more than 30% in a year.

Well, here we are. I checked my car's value today and it's a whopping $38k. It depreciated by $32,000! Now I am officially upside down on my loan and without GAP coverage!

• Informative
Reactions: Happy Hippo
I am seriously dissapointed.. I said this in another thread but this is my experience:

I bought my Tesla for $70k and put a big down payment down (30%). I didn't get GAP because I thought I would be fine with such a big down payment, and believed my car couldn't depreciate more than 30% in a year.

Well, here we are. I checked my car's value today and it's a whopping $38k. It depreciated by $32,000! Now I am officially upside down on my loan and without GAP coverage!
Try adding it. I was able to add it to my progressive policy for the remainder of my 6 month term for under $4. They call it "Loan/Lease Payoff."

Status
Not open for further replies.