Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you sell your Model S or X once your Model 3 arrives?

Will you sell your S/X after your Model 3 arrives?

• Yes

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 75.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing there are quite a few people like me, who are eyeing the used Teslas popping up online.

With all the Model 3s going to current Tesla owners I could see a short term glut in used Teslas. I'm sure you current owners would like some idea about this as well.

I'm guessing there are quite a few people like me, who are eyeing the used Teslas popping up online.

With all the Model 3s going to current Tesla owners I could see a short term glut in used Teslas. I'm sure you current owners would like some idea about this as well.

Probably not... More likely will sell first Model 3 when AWD arrives later in the year. keeping S for long-distance trips. We have full size spare in frunk... And I'm just paranoid about flats.

Don't have an S or an X. I will sell my Roadster once I get my Model 3 because I don't have sufficient parking space to keep it. And because I don't need the additional car. It's been tremendous fun for six years, and now I'll move on and let someone else enjoy it.

Reactions: GSP and TQCLove
Don't have an S or an X. I will sell my Roadster once I get my Model 3 because I don't have sufficient parking space to keep it. And because I don't need the additional car. It's been tremendous fun for six years, and now I'll move on and let someone else enjoy it.

If I could fit in the damned thing, I'd tell you to ping me when you're ready and we could chat. Alas, the curse of height.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
We will sell my S. I am excited, as we always drove smaller and cheaper cars before, and something like the 3 is what we have wanted all along.

However, we will keep my wife's X (in fact we just sold an S to get her X last week). This is due to aging relatives with limited mobility that have trouble getting in to a car like the S or 3. It is really bigger than we wanted, but a nice option to have when you need it. And of course it will be nice for an occasional family trip to the coast, picking up a piece of furniture, etc. And a trip to Kentucky my wife is planning; she wants to bring her bike and (sigh) keep it inside the car...

When I purchased my s-75 about 15 months ago, my intention was to replace it with the 3. Now I’m not sure. I’m waiting for the AWD so I have a while. I’d love to have 320-330 miles of range instead of 240ish (guessing the AWD will be a little more efficient) but I don’t know if I want to give up the luxuries of the S.

Reactions: Diehard7
I plan to keep my 2014 Model S 8-10 years. I love it and it is aging very well. My big plan is to buy my son a low end Model 3 for college grad in 2021 then buy myself a lower end Roadster in 2024. If they don't make a lower end roadster I'll probably look at a high end model 3 at that point.

Reactions: Canuck
I plan on keeping the 3 for the wife but It's tempting to trade in my older S for a 3 for two reasons.

One, no autopilot in my car.

Two, my CA EV carpool stickers will expire end of next year but those issued this or next year can apply for new stickers until 2025 I believe.

I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it.

Note that if a Tesla employee were to sell their car for a profit not only could they be reprimanded or fired, features of the car would be disabled from what I've read.

My current alternative plan is to win one of the $300M lotteries, but a new S, an X for the family, the Roadster 2.0 and a house with a five car garage ;)

My wife has said no to having 2 Tesla’s, so I’ve been debating this very question - but not the way you might expect.

I’ve been invited to configure & order my 3, but I’ve been holding off for the white interior. When that finally becomes available I’ve expected that I’ll sell my higher mileage 2013 S85, but I’m honestly debating if there’s value in that. Long story short, I won’t be changing/upgrading cars again for at least another 6-8 years, so I’m thinking about selling both my current S and the new 3 to upgrade into an AP1 P85D/P90D.

While I know the 3 is an amazing car, I’d simply much rather have an AP1 AWD Performance car over a Model 3, so I guess if there are any P85D/P90D owners out there that desperately want a Model 3 in 4-6 weeks and want to work out a deal, hit me up! Lol

Keeping both S and 3. But those will be our only cars. Have found that the S is great for long distances and the LR 3 might be just as good. Who knows which one we'll take on trips next year.

Drax, the AP2 on Model 3 might be worthwhile now so don't dig your heels in on AP1.

If I could fit in the damned thing, I'd tell you to ping me when you're ready and we could chat. Alas, the curse of height.

The Roadster was not built to be a car for the average American male. It was built to showcase what Tesla could do and what an electric car could be. I.e., it's not a golf cart. It fits Elon, and that was good enough. Elon and I must be about the same size.

FWIW, I've had some pretty tall guys in my Roadster. It's very awkward getting in and out. Even for me it's awkward getting in and out. But it's the wide guys that have a harder time than the tall guys, though of course there are limits both ways.

I expect to post in the Tesla for Sale forum here on TMC when the time comes.

I think with all the returns from leases coming up in 2017 used prices are going to tank hard. I think now is a very bad time to buy a used model S or X to a lower extent.

The Roadster was not built to be a car for the average American male. It was built to showcase what Tesla could do and what an electric car could be. I.e., it's not a golf cart. It fits Elon, and that was good enough. Elon and I must be about the same size.

FWIW, I've had some pretty tall guys in my Roadster. It's very awkward getting in and out. Even for me it's awkward getting in and out. But it's the wide guys that have a harder time than the tall guys, though of course there are limits both ways.

I expect to post in the Tesla for Sale forum here on TMC when the time comes.

Yeah I've driven an elise on the track and the idea of dealing with that size on a daily basis… nope. :)

I have a 2017 MS75D. I've seen the M3 in person...twice. I love my MS and can justify the high price tag because when you look at it, instantly it's a luxury car - nice tan leather seats, roomy and just sexy. For the M3, it's a nice car - smart and compact. When the M3 is parked next to a S, the M3 just feels very small. For $35,000 sure for $56,500 like the one I priced out, no. I still have my reservation but probably just sit on it for a bit.

I'll be curious to know how everyone feels about it when it is common. I think part of the buzz right now is M3 is rare and so there is the automatic cool factor. When it's as common as a prius, will it be as cool?