Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window venting in Tesla app version 3.10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on ios13.1.
Tesla App is 3.9.1. No update available.

Interesting... I had no problem downloading 3.10.0 this morning.

It's a little different on iOS 13.1. Went to App Store, clicked on my photo in the top-right, and then pulled down to refresh the screen, and the new Tesla 3.10.0 came up in the Update section. Might want to try that?

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Is this Android or iOS?

Edit: never mind :) I was able to manually update the IOS app to 3.10.
Just coming to say IOS, sorry!

The phone app probably checks to see what FW version is on the connected vehicle and changes the display based on that.
We've seen this aspect before. You need the correct app version, but it doesn't allow certain functionality until the car's firmware is at the correct revision too.

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
I’m pretty sure Summon and all the functions on the app are internet based. Turn BT off and try Summon. Using Enhanced Summon in a parking lot from 200 ft. away, you will have no BT connection. You do need location services on though.

I have had summon stop and break off and complain that my phone was "out of range". If it's not doing it with BT I'm not sure how it's doing it. There are probably legal implications for Tesla if they allowed people to summon their cars forward and backwards out of parking spaces from their offices... car could run over a dog or small human or something.

I have had summon stop and break off and complain that my phone was "out of range". If it's not doing it with BT I'm not sure how it's doing it. There are probably legal implications for Tesla if they allowed people to summon their cars forward and backwards out of parking spaces from their offices... car could run over a dog or small human or something.

I'm relatively confident it's internet based as well. The car has a GPS, and your phone has a GPS, and they communicate over the internet. When I had an FSD trial, my summon would always disconnect when my phone switched from wifi to LTE. I've seen videos of a guy summoning his car forward and backward from the window of a 10 story building. The respective GPSs are just checking to see whether the two locations are close enough (and they don't take altitude into account).

For the record I just updated my app to 3.10.0 about half an hour ago, I had to update manually as it was not pushed automatically.

And 3.10.0 has none of the extra functionality that folks have been talking about.
My wife has an iPhone and updated the app to 3.10.0 and it had all the extra functionality. I wonder if the app communicates with the car, and if the car is not at a release that supports those features, those features don't show up in the app.

I'm relatively confident it's internet based as well. The car has a GPS, and your phone has a GPS, and they communicate over the internet. When I had an FSD trial, my summon would always disconnect when my phone switched from wifi to LTE. I've seen videos of a guy summoning his car forward and backward from the window of a 10 story building. The respective GPSs are just checking to see whether the two locations are close enough (and they don't take altitude into account).
To make Summon work reliably I turn off my Wi-Fi. My guess is that there are issues when there is more than one path between the phone and the car.

The vent feature has been pretty well covered in a few other apps but didn't see comments regarding the other half of the feature. If any of your windows are down, in any position, you can completely close your windows from the app.
Be very careful using this when you cannot verify that fingers are not in danger. I broke sticks in my testing.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and Big Earl