Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you give up free supercharging for life?

Would you give up free supercharging for life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that some of us have free supercharging for life. My car is "pre" auto pilot and awd, so to me this is probably one of the best existing benefits that I am not willing to give up to move to the newer car. Let me know what would you consider a "must" to give up this great benefit.

Reactions: tinm
What would be a worthwhile upgrade?
400 miles of range! V3 Supercharging
I have a P90D and yeah the P100D is faster and has a bit more range but that’s it. And that alone is not incentive enough to upgrade, not because I’d lose the free supercharging but financially it’s too small of an upgrade to be worth it

Now if they had a performance model s that has a range of 400 miles and was able to supercharge at the V3 supercharger, I’d be upgrading without hesitation.

I know that some of us have free supercharging for life. My car is "pre" auto pilot and awd, so to me this is probably one of the best existing benefits that I am not willing to give up to move to the newer car. Let me know what would you consider a "must" to give up this great benefit.

You can upgrade to an AP2 car that was ordered before 1/15/2017 and which includes free transferable Supercharging. You can then buy FSD for that car to get AP3 hardware.

Forget about the "giving up anything" knee jerk reaction. The more important, is just how much money has it saved you?

Has it also led to the bad habit of only charging at Supercharges?

I don't have lifetime free Supercharging, but my 2018 Leaf has 2 years free charging and I have to pay for the Model 3. I'm not sure if we've used even $50 of free charging on the Leaf. And I know that on the Model 3, which is at 17,000 miles, I am just getting close to $100 of charging.

Forget about the "giving up anything" knee jerk reaction. The more important, is just how much money has it saved you?

I don't have lifetime free Supercharging, but my 2018 Leaf has 2 years free charging and I have to pay for the Model 3. I'm not sure if we've used even $50 of free charging on the Leaf. And I know that on the Model 3, which is at 17,000 miles, I am just getting close to $100 of charging.

I have 75K miles on my Model S, so I have used plenty of Super Chargers, but I charge at home 95% of the time. I think the Free Super Charging benefit is obviously more beneficial if I keep the car for a long time in my case.

Reactions: Guy V
I've always thought it is a shame that free supercharging is a vehicle right, rather than an owner right.

There again, I would say that, I've just ordered a new model S P100 for May delivery (at the reduced price) and will be selling my 2015 P85D.

I'm retired, pretty much, with some time on my hands and have a SC 20 minutes drive away, so for three years (almost) I've been using the SC weekly.

Let's be clear I love Tesla as a brand and it's highly unlikely that I will ever change for another manufacturer, but I think they have many things to learn on their way of doing business.

Here in the UK spares are almost non existent so any repair is at least a week sometimes 3 months - which is a joke. Their trade in offers are derisory, because they just don't want to be bothered with the job of reselling your vehicle. Their product is wonderful - and they know it - so they take liberties particularly with existing customers.

But I still wouldn't change no matter how much I miss the free SC.

never would give up P RWD non nanny car .... Free SC is just a bonus

I have 'only' used 6000 kW of SC charging in 85k miles, in CA that is still under $1500....which is about 5% of the value of my car now and considering SC was billed as $2000 (2% of my p85 price) for the 60's I guess it has gone up in value if I look at it with journalistic math.

It saves me at least 2k a year and yes I charge mostly at superchargers but I wouldn't call it a bad habit. Happens that a supercharger is conveniently located at a mall where I go to have lunch at least twice a week. Perfect situation for me.