Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of a potential price increase for the S 100D? If so,when? My owner advisor mentioned this earlier this week, but always skeptical given the source.

Does Tesla normally announce price increases before the occur? Been looking for a new inventory S90D, but after reading those that have purchased the 100D, looks to be the better option from both from a price perspective and increased range.

This is pure speculation, but a price increase on any of the current models doesn't seem to make sense. Today, 4/16/17, is neither the end of the month nor the end of a sales quarter. Previously, Tesla had warned (and proceeded) about price increases. The timing of the price increase or changes in features / models seemed to suggest they were trying to boost end of quarter sales with those warnings.

This is pure speculation, but a price increase on any of the current models doesn't seem to make sense. Today, 4/16/17, is neither the end of the month nor the end of a sales quarter. Previously, Tesla had warned (and proceeded) about price increases. The timing of the price increase or changes in features / models seemed to suggest they were trying to boost end of quarter sales with those warnings.

Yea, I sort of think same thing. If I were Tesla, I wouldn't announce a change on Easter Sunday. I'd announce it a few weeks before the end of a quarter to take effect at the beginning of the next quarter.

Reactions: JHWJR
I hear you, so my owner advisor (OA) may be blowing smoke as he just e-mailed another reminder today (go figure, this guy must be hungry for a sale).

Now the challenge is to take delivery before the tax credit /rebates expire. I heard that may happen by the end of Q2 early Q3 this year as the sales of MS & MX continue to increase. An custom order today should be delivered by early June according to the Tesla OA.

Here is the e-mail received from my owner advisor within the past hour....

ALSO OF NOTE: We are increasing the NEW order pricing of our 100D sometime this week.

The best way to secure today’s pricing is to order today.

Kellan

It's kinda the end of when they can still make the car and ship it to Europe etc.

ALSO OF NOTE: We are increasing the NEW order pricing of our 100D sometime this week.

The best way to secure today’s pricing is to order today.

And you always have 7 days to cancel, so you could order and see if it is true or not.

And wouldn't this price increase line up with the 60kWh battery option being discontinued? (When you are already changing the price book it seems like the perfect time to increase the price of other things.)

my owner advisor (OA) may be blowing smoke as he just e-mailed another reminder today (go figure, this guy must be hungry for a sale).

Now the challenge is to take delivery before the tax credit /rebates expire. I heard that may happen by the end of Q2 early Q3 this year as the sales of MS & MX continue to increase

Sounds like he is indeed pretty aggressive about making a sale.

However, the tax credit concern is legit. Tesla should sell past the 200,000 mark this year, if not before Model 3 hits the market. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger 8 months ago.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
However, the tax credit concern is legit. Tesla should sell past the 200,000 mark this year, if not before Model 3 hits the market. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger 8 months ago.

Unless the Model 3 really ramps us fast the tax credit limit is unlikely to get hit this year. You can look at this article for one analysis: When Will The $7,500 US Credit Expire For The Tesla Model 3...And Everyone Else? (Though it is probably a little out of date at this point.)

Here is a more current one: Plugless | Tesla or GM, who will lose the $7500 tax credit first?

The "base" 100D now includes glass or panoramic sunroof (you can't get it with body colour roof any more), also the 72A charger, and the power liftgate that was part of the Premium upgrade.

So... it's more expensive to buy but it includes some things that were options before.

Overall the car gets less expensive over time... since they add options.... they just don't like you to actually be able to buy it for less :)

My 2013 P85 cost me $102,000 and obviously has a lot less stuff in it (no AWD, no HEPA filter, no sunroof, no autopilot hardware/AEB, first generation leather seats etc.)

The S 100D we received last month would cost the same today with the same configuration, except instead of the standard charger, we would have received the high amp charger.

Wondering if we should get the high amp charger installed - since that is now the standard for all 100Ds...

The S 100D we received last month would cost the same today with the same configuration, except instead of the standard charger, we would have received the high amp charger.

Wondering if we should get the high amp charger installed - since that is now the standard for all 100Ds...

Only if it helps your immediate circumstances. I considered same, but will hold out.

I haven't had my home charger installed yet. Will lean towards installing 100a as future may be tipping that way.

• Love
Reactions: shelbri

It's good if you want to speed up charging time if your house can supply 100 Ampere circuit and if destination charger can too.

Owners with Time of User electrical rate who want to make sure their car is charged at the cheapest rate within a time limit so in that case, a faster charging speed would help.