Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.24.28 released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the Guy in Illinois with 17.24.28 1st updated in Teslafi but actually I'm in Taiwan now.

Taiwan Tesla announced EAP online yesterday after half year delay with 17.24.28.

I have no experience to AP before since there are no such function in Taiwan. I cannot confirm if its smooth as silk but, as to my knowledge to the smooth and silk. Its not.

But still worth of addressing, it works on freeway in Taiwan with due caution.

Can someone confirm that this has a new Linux kernel that makes things much better?

Just 5 days ago Elon tweeted:

"New kernel goes out next weekend, new web browser next month. Radar-only braking is getting steadily better for both HW 1 and 2."

And

"Linux kernel update was way harder than anticipated. Giant improvement, but meant way more OS overhead tuning to keep screen frame rate good"

So, there's clearly a giant improvement to the UI, right?

New Can someone confirm that this has a new Linux kernel that makes things much better?
It has new Linux kernel (for CID only, 4.4.35-based), that does not appear to be making anything better, not in a user-noticeable way, anyway.
In the time I had it I had a kernel panic while driving on Tuesday and then some traffic display issues that necessitated a reboot yesterday. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: chillaban
And one of them just added it to ev-fw.... Edit: It happened to be an AP1. Hard to say if it's for both or not; some recent releases have seemed to be for one version, some not!

View attachment 231544

I received it yesterday as well - car was at Service Center. I uploaded it last night. I have AP1. All it says is minor improvements, no detail. I haven't updated the firm tracker yet but will shortly.

Should have mentioned, I have an S not an X.

12 reported updates on ev-fw now. Would love to hear some reviews.

Capture.PNG

I have .26 on ap2 and I can tell you if given the opportunity I'd go back immediately to .14. This update wasn't rolled out to everyone for a reason... it's phantom braking at bridges and overhead signs again, jumping out of lanes and just overall not working good at all.

today was the first time in 6 months I actually stopped using my ap on the freeway, I 99.999.% of the time will always use it just to keep helping Tesla "fleet learn" etc.. but today was just so bad and I had a car full of people who were actually asking wtf is wrong with tesla's??? Are they all like this? This is dumb etc.. so I just stopped using it and tacc. I didn't want any non Tesla owners who don't get the culture of the whole thing to get the wrong impression.

It really needs a new update,

I have .26 on ap2 and I can tell you if given the opportunity I'd go back immediately to .14. This update wasn't rolled out to everyone for a reason... it's phantom braking at bridges and overhead signs again, jumping out of lanes and just overall not working good at all.

today was the first time in 6 months I actually stopped using my ap on the freeway, I 99.999.% of the time will always use it just to keep helping Tesla "fleet learn" etc.. but today was just so bad and I had a car full of people who were actually asking wtf is wrong with tesla's??? Are they all like this? This is dumb etc.. so I just stopped using it and tacc. I didn't want any non Tesla owners who don't get the culture of the whole thing to get the wrong impression.

It really needs a new update,
.26? There's only 24.28 or, mine, 22.46?

Are U trying to be funny or U get a first hand info based on your experience? Just asking
I think he was trying very little to be funny but he was very funny anyway. When you look back on instances where the car tries drive itself into a ditch - it's not funny. but looking back - you can chuckle, until you think about how many thousands you paid, just to have the privilege to drive a car in beta mode. being pragmatic, and after they got your money anyway - you have to make the best of it. if you can laugh about it - it makes the whole scenario a little easier.

I think he was trying very little to be funny but he was very funny anyway. When you look back on instances where the car tries drive itself into a ditch - it's not funny. but looking back - you can chuckle, until you think about how many thousands you paid, just to have the privilege to drive a car in beta mode. being pragmatic, and after they got your money anyway - you have to make the best of it. if you can laugh about it - it makes the whole scenario a little easier.

Tesla will probably be more appealing to people with the early adopter mentality, for a long time just because they move so quickly.

I have 17.24.28 on a Model X p100d and just returned from a 1600 mile road trip with it. Got the update on Friday, right before leaving. I will say that it seems to have a different algorithm for how it cuts you out. Either that, or it re-calibrates from time to time. What I mean to say, is that it just sort of... stops working. Then it just starts up again sometime. I haven't found a pattern. Lane change ability comes in and out as well. So it's not stable

So yeah, I had to hand-drive a lot of this trip, just like the 'old days,' lol.