Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This version of AP is significantly better for me. Much less trying to take off-ramps/turn lanes. I'm very happy with the upgrade. Got it when I picked up my X from the service center. Same release notes as the last one I received, just specifically references the power at supercharging stations.

Interesting that you say that. I have gone through multiple updates and this by far is un-usable. Also interesting how the experiences of how AP2 acts varies from driver to driver (or vehicle to vehicle). Mine is acting as if it's an infant learning to walk. Whatever it had learnt is lost somehow. I give up!

Interesting that you say that. I have gone through multiple updates and this by far is un-usable. Also interesting how the experiences of how AP2 acts varies from driver to driver (or vehicle to vehicle). Mine is acting as if it's an infant learning to walk. Whatever it had learnt is lost somehow. I give up!
Yeah, that's very surprising, though common... When was your vehicle produced? I was Dec '16.

I used to be so excited about AP, but after Elon's promised dates have come and past so many times I am disheartened. I don't even enable it anymore. The only place I would use it these days is for 1 hour+ long drives down non-curvy freeways.

Software - 9/22 at deliv - 2017.36 1b27c6d

Software - 9/28 Update - 2017.38 f87c64d5

10/6 SvC Updated firmware to 17.38.90

10/7 Tesla App now says - 2017.38.4 be12575

Is there a Tesla resource that has release notes?
17.38.90 may be the internal (old) firmware version, but we never see that any longer externally (when you look at the app or the T on the touchscreen).

All we see is the one with the 7 (sometimes 8) digit hashcode, so you’ve had really only:
and the current 17.38.4 (a branch off 17.38).

The short format is the most useful, as the hashcode is unique and useless to us. :)

I've seen some reference to full release notes, but not to anyone casually, like a public Tesla site. In particular, there aren't any major changes to these last releases except to have the Supercharger display on the map show the maximum SuC power (to differentiate normal ones from the new Urban ones (Boston, Chicago, etc.)).

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveMost
Are people just assuming that versions with three numbers before the hex hash are branches? I thought we determined that the second number is weeks into the year and the third number is automatically used when more than one release is generated in a given week.
We are pretty sure it's not the 'the same week' because it's not issued the same week. :)

17.38.4 didn't start to appear for at least a week after 17.38. If it were a new release, it wouldn't be 17.38 anything. It should be 17.39. We could be wrong, but the fact that they only once in a while do the 'sub-branch'/extra digit seems to imply it's connected to the previous release.

Welcome to entertain another theory if we can get more evidence! Two versions at the same time should be out there at the same time, no?

upload_2017-10-9_11-41-11.png