Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.48 a774ed8 Is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2017.48 which showed up today. Release notes are the same as the .44 and .46. In the quick test I did, it appears streaming music is working better with this release - buffering faster and not encountering "loading error". This was a quick evaluation over 30 minutes just after installation. Not by any means a definitive proof it's fixed. But it definitely was working better for me over this short period.
Can you try www.fast.com on your Tesla web browser (when on LTE) and post your speed? I believe it should be > 1 Mbps when working correctly. I know that I'm only getting < 200 Kbps , and this is causing the streaming stuttering and loading errors.

I wrote an email to Service NA last week stating that I wanted to take advantage of Easy Entry and that I was still on .42. Early this week, I received a response from the Fremont center stating that they would push out a software update to me so that I can access Easy Entry. Updated my vehicle yesterday and the Easy Entry seems to be working okay. It could be a little faster during startup, but hey, it works!

Just got the update, but it now says it failed to install. The prompt says to wait for another download.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to send out another update? This is the first time I've had an update that failed.

I had no idea others were having the super frustrating streaming issues. If my car were a video game I would have rage quit like 10x now. I actually turned on the damn FM radio! That lasted for 20 seconds of horrific ads. I then opted for silence which is equally frustrating because my $90k car has like 5 rattles. Sigh. I love this thing, and I hate this thing. All at the same time. (But love > hate)

Looking forward to installing. I just saw a ~500MB download happen so I assume my car has it queued up.

Reactions: daktari
I took my S85D to the Dublin Service Center to have a non-functioning UMC replaced (under warranty). The car didn't formally enter service per se, but a little while after getting home, it had 2017.48 a774ed8 staged on it (it was running 2017.42 previously). I'm not sure if that download was triggered as a consequence of the warranty replacement or if it's just coincidental. It's been a long time since my car was anywhere near close to the leading edge of firmware updates.

As others have described upthread, the release notes mention Chill and Easy entry. Haven't driven the car since installing the update.

Bruce.

Can you try www.fast.com on your Tesla web browser (when on LTE) and post your speed? I believe it should be > 1 Mbps when working correctly. I know that I'm only getting < 200 Kbps , and this is causing the streaming stuttering and loading errors.

Had another day of [nearly] flawless streaming. The fast rollout may be another indicator that it includes the fix given the large number of complaints/affected customers. I did a speed test using www.fast.com - I was getting ~160kbps +/- 100. Not good. This was with 1, maybe 2 bars on the LTE coverage indicator while in my garage (I had disabled WiFi to do the test). Even with this rated throughput streaming was working for me - buffer was staying filled ahead of the current play.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I had no idea others were having the super frustrating streaming issues. If my car were a video game I would have rage quit like 10x now. I actually turned on the damn FM radio! That lasted for 20 seconds of horrific ads. I then opted for silence which is equally frustrating because my $90k car has like 5 rattles. Sigh. I love this thing, and I hate this thing. All at the same time. (But love > hate)

Looking forward to installing. I just saw a ~500MB download happen so I assume my car has it queued up.
You could use bluetooth streaming as a work around until it gets fixed. Have you got your Slacker account credentials from Tesla yet? Or throw some music onto a flash drive. I don't do radio either. My car can, but I can't.

Another problem I have and I'm not sure when it started, but the screen with my phone on bluetooth just spins and won't show the keypad so I can push 1 for Parts/2 for Service or whatever. Who else has this problem? Does it get fixed in a later f/w update than .42?

So much for net neutrality

Not to get into politics, but "net neutrality" enforcement even before was a case-by-case-basis thing. T-mobile's mobile streaming throttling was deemed "not a violation" but then AT&T and Verizon's nearly identical programs were deemed violations. But even then, the FCC changed hands before they got to figuring out what the punishment was for AT&T/Verizon.

At any rate, sad thing is, Netflix is frequently throttled and fast.com speed tests can paint a really pessimistic picture of bandwidth.

Not to get into politics, but "net neutrality" enforcement even before was a case-by-case-basis thing. T-mobile's mobile streaming throttling was deemed "not a violation" but then AT&T and Verizon's nearly identical programs were deemed violations. But even then, the FCC changed hands before they got to figuring out what the punishment was for AT&T/Verizon.

At any rate, sad thing is, Netflix is frequently throttled and fast.com speed tests can paint a really pessimistic picture of bandwidth.

There is direct correlation to speeds showing on fast.com on the Tesla web browser and the current slacker/Tune in issues. Fast.com 100-200 kbps then slacker and tune in suck, 1.5-2.5 mbps and slacker/tune in work great and load fast.