Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26 3bbd9fd .-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the ludicrous+ icon.
Thanks, I didn't know the P cars had their own egg (I assume that's what that is.... ).

And, if something as 'major' (you know what I mean) as a nag timing change is involved, you'd think it would be a quicker rollout.. perhaps we are the testers, even more so than usual, to see how much we screw up with a different timing! :D

I saw Dan on What's Inside got this "Software update required" message. I've never seen that before:
DiUrfNEU8AAsuqS.jpg

WHAT'S INSIDE? (@whatsinside) | Twitter

I received this update yesterday. The first real change that I noticed was that my automatic door opening when the fob is detected has stopped working. I've rebooted the car several times as well as cycled the setting between on and off both with and without rebooting (and on both my profile and the "Easy Entry" profile). I can't get the feature to work.

Anybody else notice this glitch or is it unique to me?

On my car, I have not seen a change in the auto present driver's door with 2018.26. It still works.

I saw Dan on What's Inside got this "Software update required" message. I've never seen that before:

I've seen this same warning message "Software update required" on the Instrument Cluster (IC) only, mid-update or immediately after update (sometimes for a period of minutes) before both computers have finished handshaking with a common software version.

One one occasion, an update failed to complete (twice) and the message remained on the IC until the update was retried & subsequently concluded successfully.

If you encounter this message for a significant length of time, I'd suggest rebooting both the IC & MCU.

Same issue with my car.

I had this issue on Sunday but not since then.
I was having vector map tile loading issues all day today, but we're still on 2018.24.1, so I wonder if there was a server issue that made loading the tiles problematic? If I zoomed way out it seemed OK, but zooming in caused it to display a vast emptiness. Satellite view was fine, it was only the vector tiles on the MCU.

That’s because FAA just gave Tesla approval to push firmware to Model X in USA to make them fly. The Christmas Show, which mysteriously disappeared recently, was just a proof of concept for the wing-flapping of the falcon wing doors. Now that they worked out the bugs, it’s pushing out to the masses. Happy flying!
That’s because FAA just gave Tesla approval to push firmware to Model X in USA to make them fly. The Christmas Show, which mysteriously disappeared recently, was just a proof of concept for the wing-flapping of the falcon wing doors. Now that they worked out the bugs, it’s pushing out to the masses. Happy flying!
Looks that's a good one!! Lol

I encountered a bug with 2018.24.1. My air suspension was incorrectly reporting it had a malfunction, which left it inoperable. Air suspension height could not be adjusted in manual or automatic mode. Tesla pushed 2018.26 to me which, according to Tesla Service, contains a documented bug fix for this issue.There is no mention of it in the public documentation, however. Thanks to Tesla Service for the quick help and for the firmware push.

I encountered a bug with 2018.24.1. My air suspension was incorrectly reporting it had a malfunction, which left it inoperable. Air suspension height could not be adjusted in manual or automatic mode. Tesla pushed 2018.26 to me which, according to Tesla Service, contains a documented bug fix for this issue.There is no mention of it in the public documentation, however. Thanks to Tesla Service for the quick help and for the firmware push.

I think I had that bug too, although it didn't actually stop the suspension from working in my case. A few weeks ago I got a warning message on the dash saying something like "air suspension requires service, contact your service centre". I thought here we go and then the message disappeared the next time I started the car and I cycled the ride heights up and down and everything was working fine. Didn't get any further warnings after that and now just updated to latest firmware. I was a little worried it was the beginning of a problem with the suspension (perhaps a slow leak), but good to know it was probably just a software bug!

I think I had that bug too, although it didn't actually stop the suspension from working in my case. A few weeks ago I got a warning message on the dash saying something like "air suspension requires service, contact your service centre". I thought here we go and then the message disappeared the next time I started the car and I cycled the ride heights up and down and everything was working fine. Didn't get any further warnings after that and now just updated to latest firmware. I was a little worried it was the beginning of a problem with the suspension (perhaps a slow leak), but good to know it was probably just a software bug!
Sounds like you experienced the bug, too. Tesla told me the short term workaround for the bug was to put the car to sleep. I did that and it worked, but I lost all my saved locations for auto-height adjustment so my car scraped on my driveway the first time I came home. I'm glad to have a 'permanent' fix. Hopefully there are no new, hidden gremlins.

Updated to 26 on my 100D AP2.5. Main difference I noticed, like some on this thread, is that autopilot doesn’t slam on the break harshly when I was following another car and it slowed to a stop. It seems to use more regen breaking then break softer at the end to provide a smoother AP ride in traffic.
Agreed. When it was "surprised" previously it would slam on the brakes very early only to decelerate slowly after that. Now it seems to be much more gentle, even in the "tailgate" mode of setting following distance to 1.

Updated to 26 on my 100D AP2.5. Main difference I noticed, like some on this thread, is that autopilot doesn’t slam on the break harshly when I was following another car and it slowed to a stop. It seems to use more regen breaking then break softer at the end to provide a smoother AP ride in traffic.

Friendly message: Brake, not break.

I was having vector map tile loading issues all day today, but we're still on 2018.24.1, so I wonder if there was a server issue that made loading the tiles problematic? If I zoomed way out it seemed OK, but zooming in caused it to display a vast emptiness. Satellite view was fine, it was only the vector tiles on the MCU.

I'm still having maps traffic issues with this latest release.