Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12 on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 problems reported since 2020.8
Alarms and supposed steering correction interventions on country roads.
No dashcam. Sentry reports events but doesn’t record them.
And the latest - SOS eCall needs service warning. .

Anyone else had all 3 of these? Will .12 fix them?

Only the first one. My dash cam has started working. I had e-call warnings prior to 2020.8 but not since.

I've had the steering correction issue on country roads over the last few days. I've been fiddling with the AP settings trying to stop it - now this thread explains the problem!

I think it’s the lane departure warning. As you may know, sometimes these features get re-enabled after an update, I always have a quick scan of the settings after an update.

It’s typical Tesla releasing mega buggy updates.

Is there a way to force the updates or at least force the car to search for new updates? Still stuck on 2020.4 here

No. You get offered what Tesla want when Tesla want. Its vehicle specific, often further filtered by geographic region or model/spec.

However, once in a while, things can get stuck and a service appt may sort that.

Often it just pays to sit these things out for a while.

Reactions: Roy W.
I think it’s the lane departure warning. As you may know, sometimes these features get re-enabled after an update, I always have a quick scan of the settings after an update.

I can drive along country roads frequently going over the centre line when taking appropriate lines for corners without the car protesting, but occasionally, with no obvious cause, I get the steering corrected alarm (when not straying over the centre line). Despite this alarm/message there has been no steering input from the car whatsoever. This has been since install of update 2020.8.1. I checked that all on-screen settings are as they were before.

I can drive along country roads frequently going over the centre line when taking appropriate lines for corners without the car protesting, but occasionally, with no obvious cause, I get the steering corrected alarm (when not straying over the centre line). Despite this alarm/message there has been no steering input from the car whatsoever. This has been since install of update 2020.8.1. I checked that all on-screen settings are as they were before.
That describes exactly what I've been experiencing.

It's very strange at the moment - there's still a trickle of 2020.8.1 coming to cars that are not based in the US and a trickle now of 2020.12 going to only US cars. They seem to have about 1/2 of the non US fleet on 2020.4.X or 2020.8.1 and the US fleet on 2020.12 (for the most part).

Are you referring to the rumble that sounds if you change land without indicating?

In the Model 3 there is no rumble on the wheel like there is on the Model S. I quite prefer that rumble, TBH! In the Model 3 it's a VERY loud and in-your-face alarm and icon on the screen.

You mean the rumble on Model 3 when you change lane without indicating? Check your settings, there very much is one

upload_2020-3-17_10-14-2.png

Same here. I have been trying to spot what may be triggering the alarm (close trees, indistinct road edges etc.), but haven't been able to identify a likely cause.

Drove a long way on country roads these past few days and noticed that the steering correction alarm tended to happen only when there was no line down the centre of the road and the road edges were blurred by long grass etc. When the roads widened sufficiently to have a centre line the alarms rarely went off.