Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just agreeing with you. ;)

(And hopefully from all the posts preceding mine what people are thinking of your post.)

It’s not my post and this is not my thread. Nobody but you replied to nor referenced my comment. I take issue with the original poster calling people morons.

If you meant your response for that person and not me perhaps you should re-examine your disbursing of insults.

It’s not my post and this is not my thread. Nobody but you replied to nor referenced my comment. I take issue with the original poster calling people morons.

If you meant your response for that person and not me perhaps you should re-examine your disbursing of insults.
Crap - I grabbed the wrong post. I am SO sorry. I will see if I can delete.

Hmm...this used to be the case for me, but an update about a couple months ago resolved it. I no longer need to unlock or open a door PRIOR to pushing the button on the charge connector to remove it anymore. Has been working flawlessly like this since.
Does this mean when you have your key fob on you, if you walk by the Tesla the door handles do not pop out and the mirrors unfold? If I drive my wife’s ICE car, it is unnecessary wear on the mirrors and door handles if they do not activate every time you are close to the car.

I'm sorry, but are Tesla owners morons? Why can't Tesla—such an incredible tech company according to some of you—come up with a basic 3D surround view that is available in other vehicles priced half as much? It's almost like you people have never driven another car. Raise your standards please.

-Entitled Tesla owners are morons yes. :)
-An entitled owner likely doesn’t understand software development.
-An entitled owner thinks Tesla owes them every possible functionality they dream of, for free, and right now.
-An entitled owner blurts out their demands while demeaning others, because they think in their little world, they are entitled to what ever they want. It’s quite childish really.

If this describes you at all, it wasn’t my intention.....

Yes, my wifes 2013 Buick Enclave has better rear camera detection than my M3. Yes, it also has cross traffic and pedestrian warnings on backup as well.

It, like my 2016 A6 I dumped for my M3, has 0% chance of ever getting a firmware update for anything. No car play, no fix for the buggy display nothing.

My M3 gets new features all the time and will most likely get better camera integration and other features soon. Does it have every feature that and ICE car has, no. That being said, having features added via SW is something that NO ICE car can match.

Reactions: CMoZ
Does this mean when you have your key fob on you, if you walk by the Tesla the door handles do not pop out and the mirrors unfold? If I drive my wife’s ICE car, it is unnecessary wear on the mirrors and door handles if they do not activate every time you are close to the car.

I've got a 3 and use my phone as key exclusively. I walk by the locked car and it does nothing. I go straight to the charge connector, push the button, and it releases. I was not able to do this before. My charging scenario: I charge at work and it sits there for about 8-9 hours, not overnight so don't know if deep sleep (or not) has anything to do with how this behaves.