Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but there was a very long delay between the time that they took out the sensors, and when this update arrived in the neutered cars. Honestly, the lack of the USS sensors was a major factor in what had me cancel my trade-in for a model Y during the FSDb transfer period in Q3. Now I’m even more frustrated. They’re punishing those of us that still have the sensors??? I’m sorry, but the fact that they came out with something so long after they removed such an important feature, does not make me think good things. It makes me more upset.

As much as I think Elon is a remarkable person, we all know he has promised so much that he is not delivered on. The fact that he delivered on this, after so long, and with no official information on it while people waited, does not absolve him of the fact that we can’t trust anything that he says when it comes to self driving, firmware, etc.

Last thing I’ll say on this rant. I bought this car for the lane keep assist. 100%. I was having back issues and driving was really killing me. Not having to grip the wheel and have my feet on the pedals in the same way that you do without autopilot features has been a huge success for my ability to keep doing my job and driving an enormous amount. Now they’re going to push out a firmware that could have me lose that ability for a week at a time. And we all know that there are false positives on this type of system.

None of this is OK.

Yeah, but there was a very long delay between the time that they took out the sensors, and when this update arrived in the neutered cars. Honestly, the lack of the USS sensors was a major factor in what had me cancel my trade-in for a model Y during the FSDb transfer period in Q3. Now I’m even more frustrated. They’re punishing those of us that still have the sensors??? I’m sorry, but the fact that they came out with something so long after they removed such an important feature, does not make me think good things. It makes me more upset.

As much as I think Elon is a remarkable person, we all know he has promised so much that he is not delivered on. The fact that he delivered on this, after so long, and with no official information on it while people waited, does not absolve him of the fact that we can’t trust anything that he says when it comes to self driving, firmware, etc.

Last thing I’ll say on this rant. I bought this car for the lane keep assist. 100%. I was having back issues and driving was really killing me. Not having to grip the wheel and have my feet on the pedals in the same way that you do without autopilot features has been a huge success for my ability to keep doing my job and driving an enormous amount. Now they’re going to push out a firmware that could have me lose that ability for a week at a time. And we all know that there are false positives on this type of system.

None of this is OK.
Tesla has been removing sensors years before they've demonstrated an adequate backup that is as good or better. Really not the way to do things.

Any other uss x owner a scared hamster thinking they will disable our automatic doors when we get the new park assist feature?

I'm just saying, it's been missing in ussless x's and we've heard crickets about this feature returning. Unlike literally every other feature they remove.
"Flagship" model treatment.

None of this is OK.
How did they punish those with sensors? This update is also coming to sensor cars. Also, the update to AP doesn’t mean you have to keep your feet on the pedals you simply need to keep your hands on the wheel which has always been the case.

• Disagree
Reactions: legendsk
How did they punish those with sensors? This update is also coming to sensor cars. Also, the update to AP doesn’t mean you have to keep your feet on the pedals you simply need to keep your hands on the wheel which has always been the case.
Is it coming along with this software update as well?
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 7.44.20 AM.png

None of this is OK.
Agreed. If and when the devoltionalists spout out that USS vehicles will get this view (in an attempt to counter your point), remind them at they forgot to include the word, "eventually," which Tesla themselves used in that "X" post. For Tesla, "eventually" is a long period waiting. Many, many, historical examples of this.

Agreed. If and when the devoltionalists spout out that USS vehicles will get this view (in an attempt to counter your point), remind them at they forgot to include the word, "eventually," which Tesla themselves used in that "X" post. For Tesla, "eventually" is a long period waiting. Many, many, historical examples of this.
Wouldn't they just turn off the USSs if they did the vision parking assist anyway? I'd think people with USSs wouldn't be happy with that either. Unless this new system is flawless.

I received said update. And as noted “If you mash right side of yoke with your palm, horn will trigger!” Amazing.
Read carefully. You received the update where center horn push works now? Surely you didn't miss the entire point of his tweet. The push right side was the temporary fix to the entire point of the tweet. Center horn push is coming soon to a firmware update and all cars since Nov 2021 have the hardware (they don't).

And yes, "Amazing"!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Yep. Originally you had to push the “button”, now as noted you simply put your palm over the right side of wheel “not on the exploding airbag” and the horn sounds. For the once per year I use it works rather well for Me.
That's not the point. Center horn push promised in all cars from Nov 2021. This has happened? Yes or no.

And we have a few decades of center horns and 'exploding airbags'. It's not a problem.

Reactions: simpsonhomer
Wouldn't they just turn off the USSs if they did the vision parking assist anyway? I'd think people with USSs wouldn't be happy with that either. Unless this new system is flawless.
This is advertises as v1 and is far from flawless. I will stay with USS for as long as they will let me. Same as I did with Radar - until one day Tesla "pulled the plug," literally, on my Plaid's radar unit when it was in for other service.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsm363
Read carefully. You received the update where center horn push works now? Surely you didn't miss the entire point of his tweet. The push right side was the temporary fix to the entire point of the tweet. Center horn push is coming soon to a firmware update and all cars since Nov 2021 have the hardware (they don't).

And yes, "Amazing"!
You're "pushing rope," sorry to say.

Reactions: dsm363
You're "pushing rope," sorry to say.
I know Elon lied (or was misinformed and he and Tesla both decided to not correct the record) as there is no hardware there. But Yelobird seems to think the push on right side was the promised fix and all is good with everyone.

It does shock me that people in Chicago only have to use their horn once a year though. Amazing drivers there or maybe he is just that good.

I know Elon lied (or was misinformed and he and Tesla both decided to not correct the record) as there is no hardware there. But Yelobird seems to think the push on right side was the promised fix and all is good with everyone.

It does shock me that people in Chicago only have to use their horn once a year though. Amazing drivers there or maybe he is just that good.
You “know” nothing, you “interpret “ what you think just as I said for “Me” which does not mean ”everyone” another misinterpreted view.

• Funny
Reactions: dsm363 and jebinc

Some here misread or twist the words of other member's posts, or reply to a post countering a point not made by the OP - routinely. There are about 3-4 of those types that frequent nearly every TMC thread. Moving on....

Anyway, I do not believe ANYONE has a "center airbag horn" that works in the refreshed Model S/X as of this time. If there were, it would be all over social media.

Why is it so surprising that some people don’t use their horn as a sign of emotion? Says nothing about how “good” they drive…(moderator edit) Think you would be surprised how little most people use a horn (unless they are cab drivers or road rage committed). (moderator edit)

“The answer might be surprising. You can't randomly use your car horn in Illinois. It can only legally be used for safety reasons. Even if you're just honking at your neighbor to say "hi."

Read More: Laws For Honking Your Car Horn In Illinois

Last edited by a moderator: