Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some here misread or twist the words of other member's posts, or reply to a post countering a point not made by the OP - routinely. There are about 3-4 of those types that frequent nearly every TMC thread. Moving on....

Anyway, I do not believe ANYONE has a "center airbag horn" that works in the refreshed Model S/X as of this time. If there were, it would be all over social media.
Can you please highlight the “push airbag“ statement” I must not read as well as you.

I received said update. And as noted “If you mash right side of yoke with your palm, horn will trigger!” Amazing.
This was in place before Elon tweeted that. What Elon tweeted was either him getting bad intel or just simply a lie. I can't say it was a lie for sure, but it's not possible to move the horn to the steering wheel on the yoke currently with any software, because the actual hardware is missing from the steering wheel.

Some have postulated they wanted to do it with the cabin camera, but it was never delivered.

Fair enough it appears we “interpreted“ the statement differently. “Push center” to me meant center of button configuration on right side vs push signal button. Regardless (I) find the solution acceptable for its use.
No.

That's just trying to apologize. As I said, you could always "cup the right side" before Elon said that, Elon said that because most didn't find that solution acceptable. You could cup the right side from day 1. I know because I own the car. Nothing was ever delivered new to improve the horn location.

• Love
Reactions: dsm363 and jebinc
No.

That's just trying to apologize. As I said, you could always "cup the right side" before Elon said that, Elon said that because most didn't find that solution acceptable. You could cup the right side from day 1. I know because I own the car. Nothing was ever delivered new to improve the horn location.
"Pushing chain.... lifting sand..."

I've also owned the car (Plaid) form day one - "early adopter" fool.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo
Wouldn't they just turn off the USSs if they did the vision parking assist anyway? I'd think people with USSs wouldn't be happy with that either. Unless this new system is flawless.
This is what I'm so worried about. The x uses... well used the uss sensors for the automatic driver door opening feature. So when you approach the car, the door auto opens for you all the way and then you can close it with the brake pedal or the button on the screen. Meaning you never have to touch the door. Same with getting out if there is enough room and when used in conjunction with autolock or the fob.

It's one of the legitimately luxury features that the x has. And at a bargain. Most luxury cars that have this feature are in the 200k+ (some modern rolls royces, bmw i7) range and they don't work as well, in my experience. Not that the x is full proof either, but it's pretty close. Now sure it slams the door like an angry teenager after you confiscate their phone, but it's still so nice. I was excited to see tesla pushing the industry to put this feature on cheaper, sub 100k cars. Tesla has been quietly stripping some features from the x since its introduction. The automatic raising and lowering spoiler, the customizable gage clusters (infact s and x ui still feels abandoned with tesla even blocking my camera views with frivolous fsd beta pop ups), radar, permanently lowering the suspension, uss, and automatic doors seem like the latest. I love the x, but it almost feels like Elon wants me to hate it.

Ussless x's don't have this feature. The door only auto shuts. It just pops open. No longer fully auto opening.

You “know” nothing, you “interpret “ what you think just as I said for “Me” which does not mean ”everyone” another misinterpreted view.
Well, the tweet clearly says hardware for center horn push is in all cars since Nov 2021 and is just a firmware update away.
And you went off on 'well, pushing the right side works' clearly ignoring the entire point of the post. So either you are just slow on the uptake or are purposely doing this.

• Love
Reactions: ShankD and jebinc
Why is So surprising that some people don’t use their horn as a sign of emotion? Says nothing about how “good” they drive yet you keep assuming that? Think you would be surprised how little most people use a horn (unless they are cab drivers or road rage committed). If you Need to feel right, doesn’t make everyone else wrong!

“The answer might be surprising. You can't randomly use your car horn in Illinois. It can only legally be used for safety reasons. Even if you're just honking at your neighbor to say "hi."

Read More: Laws For Honking Your Car Horn In Illinois
I don't use my horn as a 'sign of emotion'. You routinely discount everyone else's concern about the horn placement and decreased safety in their view. You tell people they simply need to get over it and adapt to a better way of doing things.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Fair enough it appears we “interpreted“ the statement differently. “Push center” to me meant center of button configuration on right side vs push signal button. Regardless (I) find the solution acceptable for its use.
Absolutely not. You're simply making excuses at this point. Push center means center of the steering wheel. Not center of the right side.

Especially since Tesla had push center of steering wheel for horn from 2008 until recently. So if Tesla always had horn on the side then sure, I'd buy that excuse. But yes, he doesn't this kind of thing a lot.
There's a group of 3-4 that "band together" doing this type of stuff - when they don't like what others with a, "less than rosy" view may have on a particular matter, such as Cybertruck then (four years ago) and now, or FSD beta (I have been in the OG, since 10.3), or the 2.5 year unresolved vibration in the refreshed model S model that many have. On that last one, however, it appears Tesla has finally addressed it in 2023.44.x. I'm still on the nearly six month old, 2023.23.12 branch..... waiting..... for my vibration to end for the holiday's!

There's a group of 3-4 that "band together" doing this type of stuff - when they don't like what others with a, "less than rosy" view may have on a particular matter, such as Cybertruck then (four years ago) and now, or FSD beta (I have been in the OG, since 10.3), or the 2.5 year unresolved vibration in the refreshed model S model that many have. On that last one, however, it appears Tesla has finally addressed it in 2023.44.x. I'm still on the nearly six month old, 2023.23.12 branch..... waiting..... for my vibration to end for the holiday's!
I'll have my car back in a week or so and can finally see what it's like then. But looking forward to it. Really they only need to do a few small things to make this a great car. It was already quite good in 2012.

• Informative
Same could be said on the group of 3-4 that only see negative in Any interest or topic at nausea. Does get annoying I agree!

I'll have my car back in a week or so and can finally see what it's like then. But looking forward to it. Really they only need to do a few small things to make this a great car. It was already quite good in 2012.
Agreed. Zero issues with the 2019 3, 2023 MY AWD. The Plaid is nice, but the undressed vibration for 2.5 years deflated my enjoyment. Same for FSD, which I purchased it outright in the 2019, and 2021 Plaid.

I don't use my horn as a 'sign of emotion'. You routinely discount everyone else's concern about the horn placement and decreased safety in their view. You tell people they simply need to get over it and adapt to a better way of doing things.
No, I simply say “for Me” repeatedly as someone that has used it over time. You however like to Assume that means I am saying your “feelings” are wrong which I have never said. You have also only owned this configuration for 1 day so my Opinion can’t be worse then your’s can it??

• Funny
No, I simply say “for Me” repeatedly as someone that has used it over time. You however like to Assume that means I am saying your “feelings” are wrong which I have never said. You have also only owned this configuration for 1 day so my Opinion can’t be worse then your’s can it??
You're right! I'm just misreading your exact words.
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.23.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.23.34 AM.png

• Funny
No. You've told me and others that our opinions have no basis because we haven't owned the car as long. Some have owned it longer than you. When I pointed out Marcus Brownlee's review after a year, you discounted that as saying he has 18 million followers so that doesn't make him an expert. Which is true but that's not the point.

There are many people who don't agree with your assessment that the yoke and/or the capacitive buttons and the horn placement are an issue for them. Not you. You love it and that's great. I hope they offer the yoke with no physical buttons or anything you dislike. I'd like them to make the round steering wheel closer to what they had for almost 14 years. Get it now?

Last edited: