Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

48.26 UI Changes - thumbs up or down?

Is the new UI in 48.26 an improvement or is it a retrograde step?

• I like it

Votes: 105 40.1%
  • It’s a retrograde step

Votes: 135 51.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Haven't even installed it yet

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.48.35.1 now showing on TeslaFi. I have not seen the FSD Beta builds show up on TeslaFi before. So is this a new person joining the FSD Beta programme and not cancelling their TeslaFi account, or is 2020.48.35.1 a wider release?

TeslaFi-FSD-Beta.jpg

2020.48.35.1 now showing on TeslaFi. I have not seen the FSD Beta builds show up on TeslaFi before. So is this a new person joining the FSD Beta programme and not cancelling their TeslaFi account, or is 2020.48.35.1 a wider release?

View attachment 628351
48.35.1 is build 10 on FSD Beta, suspect someone has forgotten/chosen not to tick the exclude button on TeslaFi.

I drove the car for the first time in weeks today. I hate the UI even more! The energy bar is vanishingly small, the drive modes are not too easy to see, the font for the speed really is too small, the squeeze on the left panel is excessive, you can no longer clear notifications, the driving visualisation is overly large, the words for the boot and bonnet are American, it’s too easy to open them accidentally if you tap in the visualisation panel, the consumption etc panel is harder to display and it looks lost in the panel it sits in, the various speed displays for cruise control, and speed limit etc are confusing. The only thing I can say anything positive about is that the new action bar on the bottom is better! I hope they sort this mess out soon.

Genuine question, why are people wanting pieces of information like the regen bar to be larger? Personally it doesn't feel like it's critical for the safe use of the car so should probably be discrete and not a distraction.

Genuine question, why are people wanting pieces of information like the regen bar to be larger? Personally it doesn't feel like it's critical for the safe use of the car so should probably be discrete and not a distraction.

I refer to it quite a lot, especially in the winter. It tells me whether the power has been reduced, or the regen has been reduced and by how much.

I refer to it quite a lot, especially in the winter. It tells me whether the power has been reduced, or the regen has been reduced and by how much.

Me too, especially if regen feels a bit weak. It's very useful to glance at that display and see how many dots are showing, and whether the battery is warming up so that regen might start to get a bit better soon. Last night was a good example, the car hadn't been driven for a few days and the interior had been down to -3°C the night before, so the battery was still pretty cold. There was virtually no regen at all, but I expected that before heading off down our steeply sloping drive, as the regen display vaguely showed that there wasn't going to be much regen braking capacity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adopado
48.35.5 has decided to download to my car now - wonder what this is going to change :/

The font changes etc. don’t particularly bother me, I quite like it (other than word frunk) but that using 1/3 of the screen really bothers me at the moment - guess I’ll get used to it eventually :/ probably just as they decide to give half the screen to the visualizations!

The visualisation is really poor. As well as taking up too much of the screen I’m tired of seeing yellow/red lines at the side of the car when I’m driving perfectly safely in the middle of the lane. And watching other vehicles, traffic lights, wheelie bins and cones dancing all over the screen is just ridiculous.

The visualisation is really poor. As well as taking up too much of the screen I’m tired of seeing yellow/red lines at the side of the car when I’m driving perfectly safely in the middle of the lane. And watching other vehicles, traffic lights, wheelie bins and cones dancing all over the screen is just ridiculous.
Would be nice to turn the thing off completely. I really can’t see the point of it.

I agree, visualisations seem completely pointless, with the possible exception of traffic lights. Seeing arrays of wheelie bins or traffic cones displayed strikes me as just software geeks thinking the car needs a display like a computer game. Makes me wonder how many of the software team actually ever drive a car. Why do I need to have a display showing wheelie bins, for goodness sake? Do the software developers think they are going to suddenly jump out in front of the car and become a threat?

The stuff I want to be able to see clearly, at a glance taking no longer than half a second, is speed, the map and directions if I'm using it, plus some key icon information, like the lights and wiper settings (given that the auto settings just don't work well). Being able to also quickly read the remaining battery capacity and perhaps the time and outside temperature would also be useful. I find it's actually easier to turn my wrist to read my watch than it is to try and read the time from the tiny display at the top of the screen. If information has to be displayed in a very small font size to fit the available screen real estate, then maybe thought should be given to not bothering to display it at all. Small displays take much longer to read, more than just a quick glance, so are less safe, IMHO.

Why do I need to have a display showing wheelie bins, for goodness sake? Do the software developers think they are going to suddenly jump out in front of the car and become a threat?
This will be because Californian districts have one day per week where household bins line the kerb on one side awaiting auto pickup by truck & vehicles are prohibited from parking.The bin becomes the road edge during designated hours on that day.

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
100% Would be nice if it could show you what is in your blind spot CONSISTENTLY!!!!