Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this guidance! I just set all of that up...kinda convoluted...but I understand, since I can't add PayPal directly to my Tesla account.

Now I just need to decide this weekend whether I want both the acceleration boost upgrade and EAP, or just the boost :) Would get $300 cash back when purchasing both.

FYI - Discover limits the 5% to the first $1,500 of purchases for Restaurants and PayPal for the period. So if you already have spent money on either of those categories, that will count against your perceived cash back. If you have not, the max you could get back from the promotion is $75 ($1,500 * 5%). Just wanted to make you aware so you were not shocked if you did not get the $300 back.

(From Their Site: Earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from Now–September 30, 2020, on up to $1,500 in purchases.)

FYI - Discover limits the 5% to the first $1,500 of purchases for Restaurants and PayPal for the period. So if you already have spent money on either of those categories, that will count against your perceived cash back. If you have not, the max you could get back from the promotion is $75 ($1,500 * 5%). Just wanted to make you aware so you were not shocked if you did not get the $300 back.

(From Their Site: Earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from Now–September 30, 2020, on up to $1,500 in purchases.)

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I'll have to look, but it may make more sense for me to use Apple Pay with 2%.

As the OP, you know I would buy it. :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Model Y Accel boost.png