Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

eesmjus

May 12, 2019
frisco
I noticed on the update for the mobile Tesla app where it says upgrade. Then when you see the exterior section and it shows the new global headlights. Maybe they will offer upgrade pay in the future.

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP & CT on order
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Tesla won’t but you can buy your own wheels. Maybe even swap with someone for Gemini’s who wants 21s
I purchased a set in “take off” Geminis and will use them for 3 seasons of the year, here in Seattle - 4, if I can sell the brand new 21” Uberturbines in the next week or so. I pick up my MYP tomorrow, 9/18. Posted an ad on Craigslist Seattle yesterday, for the Uberturbines.

OCJeff

OD: 6/4 MYLR5 White/White/20” Sch. p/u 9/17
Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I just picked up my MY last week. Drove it for the first time at night (old projector headlights) and they are awesome. Not sure I get the big deal about the new ones. From videos I’ve seen they are maybe a 10% improvement. Not worth all the effort imho. Ohh and to confirm 271xxx still has old headlights.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC