Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy after delivery then you don't get slugged for extra sales tax and LCT if it pushes the price higher in total. After delivery saves the extra taxes on your original order. Takes minutes to enable the package once your payment goes through successfully. Everything needed to support EAP is on your car when it is delivered. Nothing needs to be added just unlocked. Also, you know when your 48 hour trial starts. If you don't like it you can cancel and get a full refund before the trials expires.

Last edited:
You can consider the next available opportunity the second week of August, with vin news happening in the last 2 weeks of July.

Why wouldn't the next batch be made in early July?

VedaPrime stated this:
  • July 5th > July 17th = Model 3 Production is running
  • July 18th > August 6th = Model 3 Production stops for capacity upgrades.
  • August 6th onwards = Model 3 Production resumes (with increased capacity)
Armacup new schedules:
  • July 8th - Morning Clara departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.
  • July 22nd - Viking Passama departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.
  • July 26th - Morning Crystal departs Shanghai for Australia. No Stop Overs.
So if anything, Morning Clara (departing July 8th) will be loaded with Model 3's.
There will be no Model Y's to put on this ship unless they made a batch for Australia before the July 1st shut down.

The ships departing on July 22nd and July 26th will likely only have Model Y's on there, as there wont have been any Model 3 production in Shanghai.

VedaPrime stated this:
Armacup new schedules:
So if anything, Morning Clara (departing July 8th) will be loaded with Model 3's.
There will be no Model Y's to put on this ship unless they made a batch for Australia before the July 1st shut down.

The ships departing on July 22nd and July 26th will likely only have Model Y's on there, as there wont have been any Model 3 production in Shanghai.
That would be nice and is certainly possible if they chose. Bitter experience tells us that we are the first to get bumped when there are any hiccups. Hence our pessimism.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Very frustrating ....
You have no idea what frustrating is bro.
My Bommadore is suffering from 15 grams of broken part that I can't remove without using ever increasing sizes of hammer and now I have to walk to Woolies/Bunnings/Ripco.

Wen Taslo?

1656313521919.png

VedaPrime stated this:
Armacup new schedules:

Nice analysis.

It does take some time from build to prep for shipping however.
Assuming there will be 4500 cars (similar to Q1) in a shipment that would be about 5 days production so July 5th > July 10th then add a couple of days for prep work gives us July 12th, which would miss the July 8th Morning Clara (unless there is significantly less M3s on board - maybe max 2 days of production so about 1500 cars?).

Under that scenario VP on the 22nd would still be a possibility - built anytime before July 17th. add a couple of days for prep and then sitting around waiting for a ride.

But it would appear Morning Crystal on the 26th wouldnt make much sense (unless the M3s have been sitting around waiting for 5000 forklifts to board VP and head to Australia?!)

You have no idea what frustrating is bro.
My Bommadore is suffering from 15 grams of broken part that I can't remove without using ever increasing sizes of hammer and now I have to walk to Woolies/Bunnings/Ripco.

Wen Taslo?

View attachment 821647
Can relate, just used public transport to get home after driving to work with a failing clutch slave cylinder, by the time I got to work there was more grinding than on the dance floor at 1am..

Reactions: PcS000 and stev05
Nice analysis.

It does take some time from build to prep for shipping however.
Assuming there will be 4500 cars (similar to Q1) in a shipment that would be about 5 days production so July 5th > July 10th then add a couple of days for prep work gives us July 12th, which would miss the July 8th Morning Clara (unless there is significantly less M3s on board - maybe max 2 days of production so about 1500 cars?).

Under that scenario VP on the 22nd would still be a possibility - built anytime before July 17th. add a couple of days for prep and then sitting around waiting for a ride.

But it would appear Morning Crystal on the 26th wouldnt make much sense (unless the M3s have been sitting around waiting for 5000 forklifts to board VP and head to Australia?!)
Reckon maybe a good chance we get a small allocation like you said for the 8th shipment.

I have made enquiries about adding the Enhanced auto pilot to my 3LR order but was told by local SA and also the website SA that it would be considered a change to the order so I would have to pay the new higher price for the car plus the EAP cost - if I went ahead with ordering the upgrade now. I was told that it "absolutely" could be downloaded to my car after delivery (after payment). So I will have to wait patiently for the car to arrive and then get the upgrade.
For what its worth I was in the Tesla showroom in Richmond on the weekend and this is exactly what the SA told me, just hoping it will still be available when our cars eventually arrive

Perhaps we need to get back to discussing accessories or forklifts?
Or celebrating the few who did get theirs in the last small shipment, and just how sweet the ride is when it does come?
It is great to debate, and I agree that lobbying can be powerful, I fear nothing we can do this week/month will change the political landscape or how fast the cars will come.

When it seems nothing will change… the only thing to do is *try* to chill 😎
Guys,
I know it's hard waiting... prior to taking delivery I had the earliest undilivered order date of 06/11/2022. (230+ days_
Now that I have the car, I cant even remember waiting....

Tweet asking Tesla about the Aus queue priority sent out into the ether. Feel free to retweet. I'm sure Elon will answer and sort it out 😉.
Nice! I know others have done some Twitter stuff today too. I followed their tracks with some emails to specific journos. And sent the aforementioned email to Tesla. And drafting up a letter to the board so it's structured in such a way to not be a complaint or product enquiry.

VedaPrime stated this:
Armacup new schedules:

You think as soon as the power shutdown is over on the 5th July they are going to start pumping out 3s especially for little ol AU/NZ?

Nice! I know others have done some Twitter stuff today too. I followed their tracks with some emails to specific journos. And sent the aforementioned email to Tesla. And drafting up a letter to the board so it's structured in such a way to not be a complaint or product enquiry.
I think it is definitely time to make some good noise. Just remind them we are here and are more than order numbers!

• Love
Reactions: Hoopyfrood