Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I consider myself very fortunate to be in a position to attend more track days than I initially thought I was able to. Instead of doing a few track days a year, I'm going track weekends. Thus I've decided to shift direction on my brake setup to a full race setup. In a week or two, I will post the installation of the new race setup. What this means is I am listing my RB460 380x32 Street/Track BBK for sale. - Model 3 BBK

UPS delivered these today. :) ARP 100-7736 wheel studs. This is a convenience and safety upgrade from stock. The bullet nose end makes it wheel change much easier. The extra length will allow for full engagement of the lug nut.

A62ABD55-5A84-4C3B-A242-5E8E4151D6E4.jpeg

Please install it and let us know that it fits. I liked those studs on my race car - it was convenient. Are your nuts not sitting full on the stud?
UPS delivered these today. :) ARP 100-7736 wheel studs. This is a convenience and safety upgrade from stock. The bullet nose end makes it wheel change much easier. The extra length will allow for full engagement of the lug nut.

View attachment 522555

Please install it and let us know that it fits. I liked those studs on my race car - it was convenient. Are your nuts not sitting full on the stud?

I have Titan7's OWL titanium lugs, it is much deeper lug than stock. With it fully torqued to spec, I still have 12.3mm of lug threads left. The bullet nose will make the wheel change a lot easier, especially at the end of track day when I'm exhausted.

• Informative
Reactions: Mash
As far as I know only one company massively does titanium nuts/bolts and studs and they directly sell them on US $160.0 |cone seat and closed end titanium alloy wheel hub nut M14*1.5*35|Nuts & Bolts| | - AliExpress I'm thinking to use those closed nuts on summer wheels since otherwise threading is constantly exposed to dirt. I still don't know dimension of stud to properly choose the length - absence of lift and social distancing doesn't help to find it out. Incan only measure depth of the seating on the rim. Do you know how big part of the stud that sits under brake rotor?

I have Titan7's OWL titanium lugs, it is much deeper lug than stock. With it fully torqued to spec, I still have 12.3mm of lug threads left. The bullet nose will make the wheel change a lot easier, especially at the end of track day when I'm exhausted.

Bless Harbor Freight for being an essential services during the shelter in place order in Nor Cal. Got myself a new tool that will pay for itself in no time. @MountainPass crossing my fingers that 12 ton is enough. ;) There is a 20 ton model for not much more money, but it’s too large, aka conspicuous from other member of the household.

PSA. Practice safe package handling in the era of covid19. According NEJM, covid19 can survive on cardboard for 24hrs. It has been 24hrs already, but I will give it 30hrs before I start my assembling process.

Good reading >>> https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=featured_home

33998EA8-8E8A-4970-97E7-DFB2155B05C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey buddy, I know this was a total slip and I know what conversion factor you're referring to for the 2.2 but in this case, which I know you know, it's 16oz/lb and 28g/oz so the total savings is divisible by (448g/lb) ~13.5lbs in total savings.

Here is the information on the weight.

Arms (saving)
Stock / MPP
- Spring arm - 2880g / 1724g (1156g)
- Rear fore upper arm - 788g / 632g (156g)
- Rear fore lower arm - 948g / 798g (150g)

I didn't measure the toe or camber arms. They were installed in 2019.

Spring Setup (per side)
Stock+rubber isolator / MPP AWD Sports+rubber isolator+height adjuster / New Spring+height adjuster
- 3462g / 3904g / 2336g (vs stock 1126g / vs MPP sports coil 1568g)

Total savings of 6060g off the rear. For those insisting on using the imperial unit, please multiply by 2.2.