Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check vroom, too.
But if the others are less than Tesla it likely will be, too.
Carmax got me the easier and best price for my Tucson
Yeah Vroom seemed a bit sketchy. I was all set to go with them, but then they said in their paperwork that they take your car, and pay you a few days later. They can change their minds after they get it. If you want your car back, they charge you $700 bucks to get it back if they renege on the deal. No thanks.

Reactions: Schwma
Asking here - did anyone do a trade in with Tesla? Aside from your keys/reg/etc, was that part of it quick/painless?
Definitely check out Carvana. They offered me 10% more than Carmax and Tesla and it was super quick. Took less than 5 minutes to sign the paperwork and I had the money in my account the next day. Also, CA doesn’t give you an incentive to trade in to the dealer you’re buying from. You still have to pay tax on the full new car amount (as opposed to deducting the trade in value if your old car) so it really makes sense to go with the highest bidder. I’ve also heard that Tesla has a tendency to low ball once they actually see your car. Carmax gave exactly what they said they would.

Yeah Vroom seemed a bit sketchy. I was all set to go with them, but then they said in their paperwork that they take your car, and pay you a few days later. They can change their minds after they get it. If you want your car back, they charge you $700 bucks to get it back if they renege on the deal. No thanks.
Shift quote me higher than anywhere else and they supposedly add extra $200 if you sign on their first visit

Newbie here. Just found this page. Ordered 5/23, LR, MSM, induction, white, no tow, Temecula delivery. Based on what I'm seeing with delivery times, looks like I should grab some popcorn and settle in for a while. Looking forward to seeing how this whole delivery thing works.

Reactions: cmak826
Looks like I'm lucky. Vin assigned last night after the emotional rollercoaster of 3-13 week EDD.

I literally finalized my config on May 19 and will accept delivery less than weeks from final config date on Weds. It might have something to do with living within 10 miles of the factory and also that I've had a LR RWD reservation for 2 years. They've held my $2500 for a long time and want it off the books before quarter end.

Reactions: jgd108