Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoaaaa please send me the details of your coverage. Id love to get it that low.

Nothing I did really. 20 years with USAA, banking, cards, 2 cars on insurance, renters/homeowners insurance, etc , and no accidents

all contribute to lowering costs

Ordered in Torrance on 4/15. Been watching the typical EDD fluctuations. Last night I was still getting 3-13 weeks, this morning it showed 5/31-6/10. Tonight I got the blue button to accept vision only, then it gave me my VIN! No delivery info yet. 2000XX

I’ve been lurking somewhat hopelessly for a while, but here’s some hope for others in LA!
Ordered in Torrance on 4/10. Got VIN yesterday morning. Home delivery scheduled for today! If they're delivering through Memorial Day I would expect your delivery within next day or two.

Reactions: Soosh and Schwma
I thought I posted already so sorry if this is a duplicate. I’ll just summarize.
This morning my date changed to 5/30-6/3, the smallest window so far and the first time it included the current date. (It was 3-13 weeks two days ago.)

At 7:55 AM I got a text to schedule delivery! I clicked the button within 2-3 seconds of getting the text and got this screen.

Lol that they think I’m going to wait until 8 AM tomorrow before checking again.

Attachments

• 63084E67-9C2E-4F3C-949D-86CF3D32F157.jpeg
    63084E67-9C2E-4F3C-949D-86CF3D32F157.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 40
After waking up to 3-5 weeks again I decided to dig into the order spreadsheet and see if I could recognize any patterns. I was able to identify exactly ZERO patterns for deliveries. There are literally people who got their cars in just a week or two for no apparent reason. Nothing lines up, just random deliveries of all colors and configs in all different places.

If you think about the building process, it would seem to make sense that exterior and interior color batches would dictate the production order. After that, maybe the LR vs P? Everything else, wheels, tow, FSD can all be slapped on any build at the end of the production line.....?

It would be nice if Tesla let us know how some of this works so that when we ordered we could take these things into consideration. I realize the spreadsheet is a small subset of actual orders but if there is a method to this madness, it should identify something....some pattern. Instead I just see random deliveries in Calif splattered around, most well after my order date and the rest of the country is just as random.... I'm truly miffed at this point.

Hey Tesla, you listening yet?

To ease my pain I ordered another random accessory (Temai phone mount) and taped off the area of my driveway near the 6-50 plug to make sure both my cars will fit how I want.

I then set up a tripod on the back corner of the ghost Tesla with my phone and recorded myself driving up to make sure there is ample room. My neighbors walking by surely thought I was a well-adjusted individual.

And next I’m going to detail my car since it has always treated me well, never played games like this. 🤣

To ease my pain I ordered another random accessory (Temai phone mount) and taped off the area of my driveway near the 6-50 plug to make sure both my cars will fit how I want.

I then set up a tripod on the back corner of the ghost Tesla with my phone and recorded myself driving up to make sure there is ample room. My neighbors walking by surely thought I was a well-adjusted individual.

And next I’m going to detail my car since it has always treated me well, never played games like this. 🤣
Wow this is impressive.....I aspire to obtain your patience but atm I'm just feeling :mad:

Well, I have a VIN, but I don't have a car apparently. I've called 2 days in a row (delivery window 30 May - 5 June), and they can't even find it or ping it. Despite having a VIN, the person I spoke to today told me that it may not have been built yet, and I should expect it later in June. I guess that's okay since I am out of town for a bit after the 4th, but kind of a let-down.

I would not have been upset IF they had set the expectation of delivery in June when I initially made the order. But now...It just looks like they are just clueless.
Everyone I spoke to said expect last month of the Quarter for CA deliveries. So unless you ordered in Feb and didn’t get a March delivery then I would say it’s pretty much going as expected.

Why others are getting deliveries probably has more to do with a coincidental configuration match for a car that may have had delivery cancelled or delayed (not necessarily a reject).

Reactions: fender4645
I’ll be getting the PPF and ceramic done at Polished Protection in Signal Hill, CA. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten it done there, but it’s close to where I live and the reviews were all very positive.

Here’s their link if you’d want to check them out: polishedprotection.com

I’ll also post an update about how it comes out.
Ok do you mind sharing how much is the cost estimate for both that they gave you?