Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone suggested going through the chat and having them check existing inventory. I can't find your post but you get kudos.

I chatted with Tina, and she provided two links for five seaters, not my ideal configurations. She sent a handful of seven seaters, which is not for me. All of them were on the east coast. So it does appear existing inventory is out there, forgot to ask the delivery fee and timeframe to to bring a MY from the east coast.

Good luck to anyone that tries.

To those who are chatting with the rep, what options did you select on the "contact us" form. I do not see any option for order status or something related.

I reached out to the Carlsbad SC and this is the message they sent back to me. I ordered 5/25. Hmmmmm.....

"Hello,

Based on your order date of about a week ago, we’re likely looking at August delivery for your Model Y. Please note, this is just an estimate, and it could be slightly sooner or later."

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]
😳

Being so close to EOQ i think im going to wait now. Was trying to find existing inventory but it’s kind of hard specially in the bay area. Those who ordered after the second half of May might want to consider this route tho

It sucks but it's the way Tesla has been delivering for some time. If you ordered in April and are in CA, they know they can get it to you quickly (i.e. the last week of the quarter). If someone on the East Coast orders 6/1, they need to get it built and on a train quickly in order for that person to take delivery before quarter's end. So if they get an influx of East Coast and Midwest orders this week, I suspect that would push back a number of CA deliveries regardless of when they were ordered. For the last two weeks of the quarter, you'll see essentially zero East Coast/Midwest deliveries -- they will all be West Coast.
Burbank is delivering to me tomorrow. 6/3.