Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - I ordered on 4/29, my date keeps sliding into the future. I have an EDD of 06/20-6/30. No VIN at this time. My delivery center is SB also.
I would say you're still in pretty good shape.

Remember (especially for those that are new): CA is the last region/state to get bulk deliveries, typically the last 2 weeks of the quarter. This has historically been the case with MYs and M3s. In the last two weeks, it's too late to ship to the East Coast or Midwest and guarantee delivery in the quarter. I would say even if your current EDD is past June, there's still hope at getting a car in the last few days of June. Pretty much every car that will be produced during this time will be destined for the west coast.

Notice how this thread has become more active than the main waiting room thread? That's because most people in other parts of the US/Canada have already received their cars. It's almost all turn! (/hype)

Just got my VIN! 209xxx

NorCal Bay Area
MYP, MSM, Black int, Tow
Ordered in March some time.
4700D1A6-D8E0-4BBA-8111-D9E5E1187036.jpeg

For those financing the Y..how long did you wait before applying for credit?
I have a EDD June 9-30 but have been waiting to hold off financing to avoid getting our credit pulled twice if we dont get deliery this month.
My plan is to do all of the financing only after I have a VIN assigned (usually delivery is about 1 week later). Unless of course you are buying a demo or from inventory.

I have a EDD June 9-30 but have been waiting to hold off financing to avoid getting our credit pulled twice if we dont get deliery this month.
Tesla financing only takes a minute to get approved. If you’re doing third-party, that can be tricky. You have to make sure everything is in order and that your bank/CU is ready to act fast once you get a VIN and/or concrete delivery date.

Have you “answered” the payment question yet or is it open? If I were you, I would just say you’re paying cash so you can complete your online profile. When you’re ready to apply, call your SA to change to either Tesla or 3rd party financing. They can do that in a matter of seconds.

What you want to do is remove as much friction as possible at the end. If you get a delivery of, say, the 28th and you have issues getting things set then the Tesla system won’t have any issues unmatching you and giving that car to someone else.

I’m doing 3rd party financing. My CU is local. The paper work can be done in a matter of hours and I can pickup a cashiers check that same day. I don’t trust them to send it to Tesla overnight. The the minute I have the VIN the process can be started

I’m doing 3rd party financing. My CU is local. The paper work can be done in a matter of hours and I can pickup a cashiers check that same day. I don’t trust them to send it to Tesla overnight. The the minute I have the VIN the process can be started
I was planning on using local CU as well (Patelco) but ended up getting a slightly better rate with Tesla (US Bank). That, and I was not impressed with Patelco’s response time to any of my inquires. They said I would have the option to get a cashier’s check but I just didn’t trust them.

Per my Tesla advisor’s advice, I completed the financing application process the day after I placed my order. He said completing all the steps would prioritize my order (vs incomplete profiles). Not sure if it’s true, but I got my EDD shortly thereafter.

I was planning on using local CU as well (Patelco) but ended up getting a slightly better rate with Tesla (US Bank). That, and I was not impressed with Patelco’s response time to any of my inquires. They said I would have the option to get a cashier’s check but I just didn’t trust them.
I’m dealing with KeyPoint. They have been great. I was going to go with Tesla. But they don’t allow 100% financing. With rates so low I wanted to finance as much as possible.

Reactions: fender4645
Well what do you know?! Just randomly checked my order before I go to sleep and I get the blue "Proceed with Delivery" button!
Clicked on it and BOOM there's my VIN! 202xxx. Finally after waiting for freaking 2 months!! 🥳 🥳 🥳
Now I need to find out when I can get the car..
I think I'm one of the unluckiest Tesla buyer right now.

1. The SA assigned to me doesn't seem to care (no replies, no updates whatsoever)
2. Waited for 2 months to get a VIN (ordered 04/05, VIN matched 06/02).
3. The car has failed inspection due to a small dent on the passenger side. Delivery got pushed out for another 2 weeks (ETA 06/18).

At this point, "frustrated" is an understatement to what I'm feeling. Sad thing is you can't do anything about it but wait.