Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/5/21 , MY LR Basic Black, Black Interior - Delivery date 6/13/21 - Los Angeles Area
Wait a second, you placed your order on 6/5 and you're getting your car this Sunday? How is that possible? I mean, congrats, but there are people that ordered in April that don't even have a VIN yet. I'm in the LA area myself, ordered on 5/18, and have an EDD of July 2 to 22. Color me confused.

Reactions: Llawll and Srleadjb
Wait a second, you placed your order on 6/5 and you're getting your car this Sunday? How is that possible? I mean, congrats, but there are people that ordered in April that don't even have a VIN yet. I'm in the LA area myself, ordered on 5/18, and have an EDD of July 2 to 22. Color me confused.

Color me confused also! I will never understand...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mod Y Guy

Color me confused also! I will never understand...

I have to believe this was an inventory or demo car. Very unlikely that this was a random new order match. Just saying. There are only like 4 color options and then 3 build options. So chances are that it could happen, but still unlikely. Possibly someone trollin’ y’all.

Also new member 1st post. 🤔

Is vin getting assigned automatically or SA should make it manually?
My SA doesn’t respond to my messages and I’m getting a little worried that my car could be delayed because of him

ordered 5/6 LR red/black, 20, 5 seats, no tow, EDD 06/18-06/30
Finally a config buddy! Although I got tow instead of the 20s. Ordered roughly the same time 5/2 with the same eta 18-30. Although my gut tells me red cars are going to be close to the 25th and not the 18th.

Vins are automatically assigned. SA can override if they find existing inventory or a demo car etc.

Folks I have a theory, I recently read that Tesla will not be able to sell Texas made cars to Texans due to legal restrictions. The only place Texans can get them from is CA, they might be shipping cars made in CA to Texas and all Texas made cars may come to CA since the trucks carrying them shall return empty otherwise. I have witnessed a truck load of MYs going towards Bay Area on 580 last Saturday around 5:45AM. If this happens to be true then we might be getting 4680s 😛

Folks I have a theory, I recently read that Tesla will not be able to sell Texas made cars to Texans due to legal restrictions. The only place Texans can get them from is CA, they might be shipping cars made in CA to Texas and all Texas made cars may come to CA since the trucks carrying them shall return empty otherwise. I have witnessed a truck load of MYs going towards Bay Area on 580 last Saturday around 5:45AM. If this happens to be true then we might be getting 4680s 😛
I thought about that too... Although it makes more sense for them to ship Texas cars to the east coast first. Drive cars to TX, pick up more and continue to the coast, maybe pick up some more TX cars on the return.

Placed Order: 4/10/21
Build: M3 standard
Profile and financing is done.
No VIN as of yet.
Estimated delivery changes almost everyday. I have seen 6/7-6/22, 6/22-6/30, and the worst one I’ve seen was 7/7-8/1. As of today (6/10/21) my account is showing estimated delivery of 6/22-6/30. I am not far from the Fremont factory and will take delivery there.

So far buying a Tesla has been an annoying nightmare. Usually my amazing credit gets me in and out of a dealer pronto. But in the world of Tesla, your credit score can’t save you lol 😂

I was curious so I just checked. Tesla’s trade in value for my 2018 Model 3 is 32k. Carvana offered 38k. The market is crazy right now.
Market is so Crazy right now! I sold my 2017 Camaro and replacing it with a M3 and I got 24k for it, when out the door I only paid 27k for it brand new, after some incentives and what not. I couldn’t believe I was only taking a 3k “loss” after 4 years of owning it.

Got one today. EDD June 30 - July 20
I surprisingly got 2 of those texts on one Monday and they other on Tuesday. You can imagine my let down each time 😩😂 killing me softly here

E83AACBA-50A6-45C7-922D-248B2E811BA5.jpeg

Got it, thanks. I had some residue splattered all over the left side and a big bird splatter on the right side (which could’ve happened on the road as it was a home delivery). It also didn’t look like they fully vacuumed the floor mats or cleaned the seats. A little odd. Haven’t asked my SA yet because she was out with an emergency. Spoke with someone at the service center and they apologized but said I’d have to take it to the further delivery center to get a detail if I wanted. Doesn’t seem worth the hassle. Was just curious if anyone else had this experience.

I also had a 1-2 inch scratch on the front bumper and they told me they won’t take it out as it was a demo. I ended up using some detailing scratch remover I had at home and it looks okay now. No big deal—I thought this might be the case. They are however going to fix some of the misaligned panels which is covered by the warranty.
Which location did you pick up your car?

Possible in the future but if you saw cars coming in today, no way it’s from Texas since the gigafactory there isn’t producing cars yet