Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how it works if i decided I want to get a Demo one? Do I pay the $100 to reserve it?
Pay the $100 to reserve. Then talk to your SA. Most people I think said that you’ll get your existing reservation price (if it’s gone up since you ordered). Not sure if you get the $100 back. But if you wait and just have your SA transfer it without reserving, it’ll most likely be gone by the time he/she gets back to you.

Just curious how many April people still waiting with no Vin? Assemble
I ordered April 23rd. Currently sitting with an EDD of June 16-29. (Has pushed a day on a daily basis, excluding that September blip). I talked with my SA today and he said he felt very strongly that my car will be built this week, so I'm hoping to take delivery by next week. He said the demand for the Y was crazy, that the factory is running 24/7 and they can't wait for the Austin plant to come online so that will provide some relief.

Reactions: YsaVibe and Greg007
Late May folks like me are most likely looking at July. June orders are definitely gonna be delivered next quarter.
The issue or question is how they're going to handle CA deliveries in the first two months of Q3. As has been noted numerous times, CA deliveries are typically bunched at the end of the quarter for various reasons. The data (at least from last quarter) shows that if you live in CA and you don't get your car by quarter's end, your chances of getting a car in the following month fall pretty drastically.

I know it's not the best calculation but at a basic level, if you look at the spreadsheet, there were 258 deliveries in CA in March (end of Q1). By contrast, there were only 30 deliveries in April. Now this doesn't take into account order date or anything but it's obvious that April deliveries to CA decline pretty fast compared to March. If you go back further, there were only 8 CA deliveries in the first month of Q1 (January) and only 11 in the second month (February).

Again, every quarter is different and doesn't fully dictate the next. However considering the parts/chip shortage looks like it's going to last till the end of the year and the demand for the Y is so high that it now seems Q3 is already close to being sold out, it doesn't look great. I just hope that Tesla does the right thing and prioritizes people on the west coast who ordered in May as there were plenty of people on the on the East coast and midwest who ordered in late May and already received their vehicle.

Reactions: Greg007
I ordered April 23rd. Currently sitting with an EDD of June 16-29. (Has pushed a day on a daily basis, excluding that September blip). I talked with my SA today and he said he felt very strongly that my car will be built this week, so I'm hoping to take delivery by next week. He said the demand for the Y was crazy, that the factory is running 24/7 and they can't wait for the Austin plant to come online so that will provide some relief.
Yeah I am hoping our cars being built this week for end of the month delivery!!!!!!

Reactions: CarpeDiem12