Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a welcome to Tesla text the day after I placed my order and then another text a couple weeks ago...but it was just asking if I had a vehicle I wanted to trade in. At the time, thought maybe that meant I'd be getting the car soon, but obviously that wasn't the case!

Now in addition to refreshing my account page constantly...I'm also staring at my phone hoping a text comes through!

Reactions: JustYNot
Geez, things really go at a crazy pace once the ball gets rolling.

1. Got my blue button and VIN this morning.

2. At 10:30am, get a text saying that delivery is scheduled for 6/25.

3. At 3pm, get a text stating that the car will be delivered today. But one problem, I'm not in town and my driveway gate is closed. So had to call the delivery center to delay delivery.

So it does seem that the blue button/VIN becomes available once the car arrives at the delivery center. At this rate, I have no doubts everyone still waiting for their June delivery will definitely get it.

I got a welcome to Tesla text the day after I placed my order and then another text a couple weeks ago...but it was just asking if I had a vehicle I wanted to trade in. At the time, thought maybe that meant I'd be getting the car soon, but obviously that wasn't the case!

Now in addition to refreshing my account page constantly...I'm also staring at my phone hoping a text comes through!
I am too! Where’s my text or blue button!

FAAE60E9-8DBC-4784-A692-EA0B5FB03DA8.jpeg

4/20 order
White - long range

Reactions: VP714 and Mini23
Got a VIN again. Tesla said VIN was removed b/c matched with the wrong vehicle. Same VIN range assigned, 215, so guessing I wasn’t the only one (presuming the explanation was true). Best part is not actually a factory (Fremont) delivery anymore- now Dublin. Which is just a PITA, so anticipating SA will change to home delivery.

Did you contact your SA or local DC? You already have a VIN so that means you’re already assigned a car. They will do all they can to deliver it to you by 6/30.

Yes, visited showroom yesterday and was told that the car is not ready yet, but I should hear from delivery team within 24-48 hours. 24h already passed (assuming they don’t text/call after the working hours), hoping they’ll reach me out tomorrow🙏

Reactions: Greg007
I finally ended up catching an inventory model (not demo) which matched all the specs but with a tow hitch.. My SA didn't answer my call but I have emailed her to make the relevant changes to my previous order and match it to the new one. Let's see what happens and wait for it. Thank you every one for all the support and ideas :)