Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don’t care. My financing expired last week
All it is, is just a rerun of your credit. If you haven’t driven your credit score down within the last 2 months then you’re fine to just reapply. Rate hasn’t changed. And if you did manage to drive your credit score to a lower tier, maybe financing a car at this time isn’t in your best financial interest.

Reactions: elizabeth22
Freaking pissed. Tesla employees don’t know their own *sugar*. SA asked me to apply way too early. Tesla financing then said financing is valid only 30days so I applied for DCU financing which expired 45 days later(16th jun)
You should never apply for financing until your EDD is eminent or you have a VIN.

SA’s don’t always give good advice. 🙁

Last edited:
The problem is that's not what some SAs say.

My SA made it clear that I needed to complete my profile ASAP (including taking care of financing) in order to "prioritize" my order and ensure a June delivery.
Exactly. And the best way to do that is set the purchase as cash until you are close and ready to apply for financing then have your SA change it. Again, these SA’s give horrible advice *sometimes* imho.

The real challenge is with these EOQ rush deals is that you may not have financing lined up. Then you can just use Tesla finance and then refi to your preferred lender.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucsdsig

My SA made it clear that I needed to complete my profile ASAP (including taking care of financing) in order to "prioritize" my order and ensure a June delivery.
Plus, us April and early May orders actually expected the cars would be delivered via the original EDD dates. I never dreamed I would have to “reapply” in 60 (really?) days. The EDD doesn’t mean sh*t. Just saying…

You should never apply for financing until your EDD is eminent or you have a VIN.

There's a way to complete your order without actually applying for financing. I recently made a change to my payment option so I've already worked it out where I won't apply for a new loan until I see a VIN and have the MVPA doc available to me. When applying for auto financing these days, you'll know whether you're approved within minutes and not days.

That said, I selected Self-Arranged Financing for my loan payment option and entered in DCU's info for the bank, and used the same amount I plan to finance through Tesla Financing. I haven't applied for the DCU auto loan yet and won't until I see the MVPA in my account as DCU needs to that when applying for a loan. Once I get the DCU application approved and a loan doc to sign with a much lower interest rate, I'll then ask my SA to remove the Self-Arranged Financing so I can use Tesla Financing to pay for the car. They'll be more than happy to do this, but the only delay in this process might be the lag time from when your SA actually responds back to you. My SA has been typically responding back in about 20-24 hours, so I would give yourself a day to get this done. Once you can select the Tesla Financing, then apply for a loan in the same amount that's on your DCU loan. Once you're approved, send your unsigned DCU loan doc to [email protected] and have them to match the interest rate. Sure you end up taking 2 hits for credit inquiries this way, but you can end up saving thousands off of your total payments.

Thought I'd update everyone to help with the anxiety. I finally picked my car up today. Ordered 26 April. SR+, black on black, no FSD, reg tires. Carlsbad, CA Tesla rocks. I test drove the dual motor and wondered if the one second in 0-60 speed would really be noticeable. It's not. This car flies. Everyone there was so helpful! Let me know if you have any questions. Be patient, it's worth the wait.
M3 SR+?

Congrats but this is the MY thread. ;)

we got VIN this Monday and it says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" now. Do I need to do anything about it? we are using third party financing. No text to schedule delivery yet. Any suggestions?
You should have a link to your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) in you account. You need to send that to your bank and they in turn will send payment to Tesla. Make sure they do it as quick as possible or else you risk losing your VIN.

Reactions: CAKat
3 in OC area…

Attachments

• 0FCA4A10-FB2A-4264-A9E0-189BC0A546EA.jpeg
    0FCA4A10-FB2A-4264-A9E0-189BC0A546EA.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 44

My da told me the same. My loan is only good for 60 days. Started first week of June. My SA said I would get it by the end of June if I completed everything ASAP. (Which I did) now my Edd is saying end of august….