Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my limited knowledge, I’d consider this explanation BS. There is no reason for tesla to not send cars to a specific location unless they don’t/can’t sell there. Considering that SoCal is in Cali, tesla started delivering there late in the quarter
So I did some more filtering on the master spreadsheet. There were 119 deliveries to CA in the final week of March (end of Q1). Since you can't filter/sort by NorCal vs SoCal, I just did a spot check and surprisingly there weren't a ton of SoCal deliveries in the last week. There were definitely some -- but the vast majority were NorCal. I was told the turnaround to the Bay Area could be as fast as 24-36 hours from prod to delivery and +1 day to SoCal. But I would assume the closer we get to the 30th, the chances of getting one in SoCal diminish.

Keep in mind too, this is strictly going from the spreadsheet which is probably only a fraction of the orders and there are probably a lot of folks who don't bother to come back and put their delivery date in once they get their car.

When we got the blue button to accept vision and got the vin was when we were able to check Tesla rate. Pretty much in the same line with our current insurance
Costco insurance is the lowest rate I could find for a Tesla and you can set everything up in advance with them once you have a VIN. Once you have a confirmed delivery date you call to activate the insurance.

Within CA you are probably right. I think they may want to get more cars out to areas with less cars just for the exposure. Every other car is a Tesla where I am. I guess my explanation only answers them shipping so many out of state. Within the state they shouldn't have a bias.

Nonetheless they should give accurate EDD's no matter what their business model and strategy is. I guess its exciting to check everyday but not fun at the same time lol.
💯my thoughts when my SA said it’s weird TSLA isn’t shipping as many cars in south OC area. I see so many Teslas where I am.

I think it can vary. Your profile says Salinas. Is that where you're picking up? It's possible they're waiting on more cars before sending down your way.
No there is no way to pick up a car in Salinas. The Tesla service center is in Seaside/Sand City and they are jammed to the gills delivering cars for the entire Monterey Bay area, you know the richfolk of Carmel, Monterey and Santa Cruz always come first, not those behind the lettuce curtain! LOL They cannot even take a phone call right now, and we are rerouted to others not in our area to answer questions. I have had my VIN for over a week now and the car is still "in production". I am one of those who had to convert my LR RWD to LR AWD, but the inept guys who were supposed to have done this in MARCH, failed me. So I finally got a woman who had this done in 1 day, May 7th, 2021. Then those in this situation were ORDERED by Tesla to take delivery by June 30 or original FSD pricing is lost. I just got off the phone with a woman who said it was doubtful TESLA could make the June 30th date for me but she assured me that they will honor my pricing. Do I believe her, naw not after what I have been though to get this car. Why do they make this process so anxiety provoking? Not a good look for this company.

Looks like I finally got my VIN yaaa hope everyone else getting theirs soon
yep when I got my VIN last week I had the same delivery dates as you, but they are now 27-30 and as of this morning the car is still in production. I have been told that it is unlikely that my car will be delivered by the 30th! When it will come off production, find its way to Monterey Bay and be delivered is now a mystery.

I am back to September.

There seems to be an interesting pattern on the EDD changes for me. It generally starts by giving me some kind of end of June date which fluctuates a bit over time, then it progresses to an early to mid July date, and then to September. After September, it starts all over again with an EDD around the end of June. It has went through the cycle 3 or 4 times now and will be interesting to see if it goes back to June tonight/tomorrow. :)

I am back to September.

There seems to be an interesting pattern on the EDD changes for me. It generally starts by giving me some kind of end of June date which fluctuates a bit over time, then it progresses to an early to mid July date, and then to September. After September, it starts all over again with an EDD around the end of June. It has went through the cycle 3 or 4 times now and will be interesting to see if it goes back to June tonight/tomorrow. :)
Same here

I am back to September.

Same. The rep I just spoke with told me mid-July though. Who knows.

No there is no way to pick up a car in Salinas. The Tesla service center is in Seaside/Sand City and they are jammed to the gills delivering cars for the entire Monterey Bay area, you know the richfolk of Carmel, Monterey and Santa Cruz always come first, not those behind the lettuce curtain! LOL They cannot even take a phone call right now, and we are rerouted to others not in our area to answer questions. I have had my VIN for over a week now and the car is still "in production". I am one of those who had to convert my LR RWD to LR AWD, but the inept guys who were supposed to have done this in MARCH, failed me. So I finally got a woman who had this done in 1 day, May 7th, 2021. Then those in this situation were ORDERED by Tesla to take delivery by June 30 or original FSD pricing is lost. I just got off the phone with a woman who said it was doubtful TESLA could make the June 30th date for me but she assured me that they will honor my pricing. Do I believe her, naw not after what I have been though to get this car. Why do they make this process so anxiety provoking? Not a good look for this company.
Woah! That’s terrible! Hope you get your car soon at the locked in price