Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be hitting my 60-day mark from my financing app on July 23rd with my EDD in August. Frustrating beyond belief because my SA from the Glendale showroom texted me to complete all my profile (including financing) ASAP to ensure I'm "prioritized for delivery" in June. Totally understand that I should have put in Cash as the payment option, but didn't know about that until it was too late.

Since this is pretty ridiculous on the SA's part - do any of y'all think there's anything extra we could try to get out of them since we're getting another credit hit due to them?
lol you're asking the wrong forums page. There's numerous people on here that will tout and praise their Sales Agent and that they have as much information as we do. With Tesla and their front line there are no benefits, perks or freebies. You'll have to sit and wait, when your loan expires you might as well switch to cash at that point because EDD is just that.... an ESTIMATED delivery date.

You'll just have to sit, wait, and when it comes it comes. Just have your game plan on when it comes that you know that you have to apply, then get your finances in order - which doesn't seem to be an issue if you've been pre approved. The only bonus if you get your loan now and get pre approved you lock in your rate at least for 60 days. Worst case scenario for anyone waiting to finance this car is that rates go up and the car price goes up and delivery happens to just be 4th quarter or 2022.

Reactions: CarelessGas323
Honestly….. in a small but painful way I’m okay if my order slips to October only because then I’ll have a 2022 MYLR and not a 2021. 🤣🤣
or even better, the new battery. I've seen you post for a bit and your situation for ordering and order release we're roughly in the same boat. I've come to terms that I don't need to check the website anymore and i'll get an email when it's ready. I'll go on these forums from time to time to see what's new. It seems that the main topic that always is at the top is "waiting room" - whether it's CA, NY, the mid west, or what have you.

I have in the back of my head though....what action would one take if Tesla tells orders done earlier in the year with the lower price tag have to be canceled and redone based on the current price.

I just received a VIN this morning.

I ordered April 2 and waited until May 5 to complete financing details ( wanted to close on my home refi ).

My SA told me I had a soft match 2 weeks ago and soft delivery time of July 15. This seems accurate so far. I was supposed to have a delivery time of jun 29 but the VIN she saw on her side disappeared. I’m hoping since I see it on my end this sticks! I’ve read horror stories on here.

I had to reapply for financing on July 5. I proactively called the store and did this myself. One SA recommended switching to cash to speed things up so I wouldn’t have to reapply yet. I another store to double check and that SA said to definitely NOT do that. This is when I reapplied. Luckily I got approved for the same terms through US Bank. That only took an hour and the SA I used confirmed the approval when she got to work.

My BMW lease is due a second time on July 20 so I’m hoping things go well🤞
Oh, I ordered the model Y midnight silver with no other options.

I was about to log on and say how I’ve been holding at July 30 - August 19 for almost two weeks with no movement, where before that it was changing daily. And I checked just now and it’s moved to August 1 - August 21. I swear they’re messing with us. 😂

Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 42 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5
7-3-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10

As others have noted, Inventory cars are non-existent since the end of the second quarter. There were even posts from up North (Bay Area) showing empty showrooms. Thankfully Tesla had a blowout quarter (investor view) though many here are unhappy about the fluctuating EDD dates and long delayed delivery of their Model Ys (customer view). I waited 726 days for my Model 3, and I am in a position where I can just drive my Model 3 till the Model Y arrives, so I'm not particularly concerned about when the Y arrives. Getting stressed out over things beyond your control just gets you stressed out. That's what my lifestyle coach says. :p I'll be selling the 3 when the Y arrives, and the wait has the effect of increasing the value of the 3 over time. Given the delays associated with getting new Model 3/Y, those anxious to get one of these are keeping the used prices for the 3/Y high. I expect this to continue, at least for a few more months.

Another interesting aspect of general used car demand and Tesla's holding their value is that my total cost of ownership has been phenomenal. My Model 3 cost ~$60,000 new, but I got $10,000 off with the Federal and State rebates. I drove the car for 39 months so far. Indications are that I'm going to get over $40,000 in a private sale. So $10,000 out of pocket for 39 months is $256 per month. My gas savings versus say a 50mpg Prius works out to $80 per month. So monthly cost is now down to $176 per month. Mrs. Toe thought that I was crazy for buying a $60,000 car, with a $1,079 monthly payment. It turns out that the car ended up being less expensive to own than a Buick Encore that she drove for a while. This kind of scenario may not end up playing out into the future for very long, it depends on a lot of things. Will other car makers be producing 300+ mile EVs that hold their value like this over time? Seems unlikely. So I think that Tesla's will continue to hold their resale value much longer than other manufacturers EVs.

This is not lost on those buying either new Tesla's or used Tesla's. That's one of the reasons why you are here reading this wondering why it is that a car you ordered N weeks/months ago still hasn't arrived. Demand exceeds supply, by a lot. And that's both good and bad, depending on your point of view. ;)

Back to your regularly scheduled programing...

RT
Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 49 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5
7-3-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
7-10-21: EDD 7-17 to 8-6

EDD just moved back 4 days this morning. Haven't been seeing any inventory cars in the last week. And still no VIN hiding in the html code. I get back from vacation on the 17th. So maybe I get lucky and Monday the 19th I plunge a bit further in debt to advance the mission!

The spreadsheet now shows 4 VINs assigned the last two days. Two of the four are in California.

RT

Last edited:
Order date: 5/17/21
Original EDD: June 15-30
Current EDD: Sept 10-30 😭
MYLR gray with tow hitch

My friend ordered a week before us…..she also had the same original and current delayed EDD until a day ago…she got an email that her car is coming next week!! MYLR white.

Here's the latest, Tesla fixed my pricing back to my original order date (4/29). For those not following, they mistakenly updated my config on June 14 (someone updated wrong reservation). So in fixing their mistake, pricing was set to June 14 pricing ($1500 more). They fixed this by keeping the same June price, but doing a "manufacture discount" of $1500. So now, things seem OK... Financing all set, Down pmt set, and delivery tomorrow between 9-6.

What's strange is the sales manager said last night the car was still in "HQ" and pending delivery in Burbank tomorrow (sun) morning/noon. Can they really prep and delivery same day? We'll see.

• Order Date: 04/2019 for LR RWD.
  • Missed $48,990 price.
  • Changed to LR AWD: 03/2021
  • Tesla placed my order on hold until 09/2021: 04/2021
  • Waiting for New Headlights
  • CA EV Rebate funds are exhausted ($2,000)
  • Tesla Updates my order date: 05/03/2021
  • Radar is removed from Model Y.
  • Passenger Lumbar is removed from Model Y.
  • Tesla Updates my hold date to 10/2021: 07/2021
  • Removed Hold on Order: 7/8/2021
  • Current EDD: 07/12-07/22
  • Delivery: ???
  • After I get my car -> All new Model Y have the new headlights I had been waiting for.
Hmm, wish I could give my EDD to some of you guys here because I would actually prefer to wait until the end of the Quarter as I am still working from home and still want to wait to see if the new headlights ever come to the LR.