Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 3rd tesla here. ordered on 5/5 for a White DM no FSD. No VIN assigned up until today. Called the sales guy and was told to check on the website for the EDD. The dates kept changing on me and it's currently showing 7/28-8/17. Never been so frustrating and the sales advisor is useless.

A friend just received their VIN, 228xxx, and ordered 5/6 with delivery this weekend. Although the wait has been long it basically hit the long end of the original 10-week estimate.

This gives us hope that our 5/9 order will receive a VIN soon and probably take delivery right at the original mark of 11-weeks.
do you happen to know which model y they ordered and the configurations? they ordered the same day as me but since i have a stock model y, i'm assuming that i'm still way lower on the priority list.

do you happen to know which model y they ordered and the configurations? they ordered the same day as me but since i have a stock model y, i'm assuming that i'm still way lower on the priority list.
Friend ordered 5/6, LR white/white, and 20” Induction wheels, 5-seater. No FSD.

Ordered ours 5/9, LR white with black interior, 19” Gemis, 5-seater, with tow. No FSD,

Reactions: antyn0te
At this point, I am probably one week (2 weeks max) from purchasing another car. Today, per a SA in Torrance, I probably won't receive a car until early August. Just a few weeks ago I was promised delivery this week. Absolutely ridiculous!
Anything is possible but early August delivery on a new order today would be miraculous. Tesla website is estimating October delivery as of a moment ago. Add to that reports of Q3 capacity possibly already sold out, that October timeframe may be more accurate than August unless you can snag a demo unit or rejected delivery. Best of luck to you (no sarcasm intended), we all want a Y ASAP.

Edit: Hmm, just re-read the post and perhaps jp meant they’re considering getting a different car, instead of the Y, due to delays. Apologies if I misread it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jp2021
At this point, I am probably one week (2 weeks max) from purchasing another car. Today, per a SA in Torrance, I probably won't receive a car until early August. Just a few weeks ago I was promised delivery this week. Absolutely ridiculous!
fwiw i looked into all of the other ev's on the market out of curiosity and the current wait times for the mach-e and the e-tron are around 27 weeks. people on both the audi and ford forums are just as frustrated as people here with the lack of communication and transparent production to delivery process. if it makes you feel any better, according to the teslike order tracker, a good chunk of the orders that received VIN's today ordered around the same time you did, with similar configurations, and are being delivered to santa barbara, irvine, and generally other parts of the country/canada, so hopefully los angeles is next. in my experience obsessively being on these forums and the model y subreddit for the last several months - sa's don't know really know anything until your VIN is in the system. i know it sucks, i'm there with ya, but you waited this long so might as well stick it out?

Anything is possible but early August delivery on a new order today would be miraculous. Tesla website is estimating October delivery as of a moment ago. Add to that reports that Q3 capacity has possibly already sold out, that October timeframe may be more accurate than August unless you can snag a demo unit or rejected delivery. Best of luck to you (no sarcasm intended), we all want a Y ASAP.
Not a new order at all - I ordered on 4/24....😭

Reactions: FatherTo1
fwiw i looked into all of the other ev's on the market out of curiosity and the current wait times for the mach-e and the e-tron are around 27 weeks. people on both the audi and ford forums are just as frustrated as people here with the lack of communication and transparent production to delivery process. if it makes you feel any better, according to the teslike order tracker, a good chunk of the orders that received VIN's today ordered around the same time you did, with similar configurations, and are being delivered to santa barbara, irvine, and generally other parts of the country/canada, so hopefully los angeles is next. in my experience obsessively being on these forums and the model y subreddit for the last several months - sa's don't know really know anything until your VIN is in the system. i know it sucks, i'm there with ya, but you waited this long so might as well stick it out?
I keep saying the same - I waited this long!

Thanks for the pep talk. I also saw the same wait times for the Mach-e, 27 weeks is so shocking. I am just utterly frustrated at this point. Trying to hold on...

Well I just did a thing..... ordered a Performance Model Y, just to see which one I will be able to take delivery of first.

The EDD on my LR currently shows Sep 9 - Sep 29 as of today, and my account was finalized back on 2/21.
The EDD on the Perf currently says 7-11 weeks as of today, and I just now finalized the order on 7/14.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Perf gets built first and is available in early August, and then the LR gets built and becomes available 4-6 weeks later. But for the nominal price difference (at least to me), it's not worth my time to wait the extra time as we'll need a car soon since we've been down to 1 car for awhile now.

So whichever car arrives first will be what I buy. Worst case I'm out only $100, as it's worth it to game the system and see if it'll help me.
Thinking about doing the same thing!!!

Thinking about doing the same thing!!!

I was fine when my order got delayed (messed up) in March as we really didn't need the car back then, and saving almost $1k/month from a car payment & insurance was nice. However, 6 months later and still with no car, I now have more than enough saved up that I can put towards the Performance model and come out "even" with my LR order. Plus, with things changing for my wife and myself (having to go back to work now and the kids have a few things going on, and we only have 1 car), I now need to get a car by Labor Day weekend or it's going to be tough in Sept..... and we'll most likely have to spend $$$ for a rental.

Either way, we'll see what Tesla does as I wouldn't be surprised to see if they push my "lower priced" LR order further back and build a "more expensive" Perf ahead of time and get it delivered to me. That would be some shady business practice, similar to what Tesla did at the end of Q2 where they pulled VIN's from east coast folks and assigned their cars to west coast folks, just so they could deliver the cars in time before EOQ to count for their delivery numbers. Pretty crappy if you ask me, but if that's how they want to play it, then you have to game the system in order to come out ahead.

Reactions: sunshine3200
EDD just updated to July 14-19! Woohoo!
I’m assuming I should have waited but I’m impatient.
EDD changed 3 times (all in one day) after VIN assignment just FYI for everyone waiting. Was July 16-26 before VIN assigment in the morning. Then after VIN it went to October, then July 14-19, and now sitting at July 15-18. No contact from delivery center yet.