Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally after 87 days I got my VIN, 232XXX. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday the 22.

As of now my account page says it will be a home delivery but I am a little confused since I am planning on making my final payment with a cashier's check and according to the instructions I don't have to be home when it gets dropped off so I'm like who do I give the check to? I replied to the text they sent with questions so I'll let you all know what they say.

I could cancel the check and make the ACH payment but since they handle that transaction using a 3rd party (Plaid) that requires you to give them your bank login, something I don't feel comfortable doing, I think I'm going to stick with the check.

Congrats! Exact same configuration as you but ordered over a month AFTER you. 😬

Reactions: RuedasMagicas
Congrats! Exact same configuration as you but ordered over a month AFTER you. 😬
Excellent taste my friend. I hope you get yours soon! :)
Car is getting delivered to my house tomorrow. Still no idea if I need to reapply for my loan. Has been well over 60 days. No idea how to pay the down payment. Basically don’t know anything at this point lol.
I got Tesla financing and it expired about a month ago but I didn't need to reapply, it looks like they just extended it so I am good to go after I find out, like you, how to make the downpayment lol (home delivery & paying with check). The text I got said to reply with questions so I did but nobody has gotten back to me. I have a feeling I won't know anything until right before delivery...

Last edited:
Reactions: LSJR and tt_mand
Car is getting delivered to my house tomorrow. Still no idea if I need to reapply for my loan. Has been well over 60 days. No idea how to pay the down payment. Basically don’t know anything at this point lol.
I thought you'd read my thread and understand what you need to do. Better email Tesla finance team to get your credit re-run. Then the financing section will show up again. After you click confirm, you can then pay. All these will need to be completed before you take delivery. Hope this helps you and others who are financing. Don't wait for SC or SA, they only focus on moving cars to the trailers, that's all.

I thought you'd read my thread and understand what you need to do. Better email Tesla finance team to get your credit re-run. Then the financing section will show up again. After you click confirm, you can then pay. All these will need to be completed before you take delivery. Hope this helps you and others who are financing. Don't wait for SC or SA, they only focus on moving cars to the trailers, that's all.
My SA stated I need to re run my credit. However, under tasks it states that financing is complete. I just don’t want to re run my credit if I don’t have to. I’ll probably just wait until tomorrow to see what I have to do after they deliver the car.

My SA stated I need to re run my credit. However, under tasks it states that financing is complete. I just don’t want to re run my credit if I don’t have to. I’ll probably just wait until tomorrow to see what I have to do after they deliver the car.
Just trying to help from a random stranger on internet man. I was in the same shoes as you yesterday and got all that done, and I take delivery today.

You do you because my SA also told me I'd get my car in June too. Good luck.

Hi whiteboard,
So are you going to put some down-payment? If so, what do you do? Thanks!

hmmm...so my EDD on tesla.com shows 7/21-8/9. I called my SA yesterday and he doesn't give me any info so I called the Burbank location and ask if they have any info and SA there tells me that it's expected to leave the factory on 9/8 (yes, September 8th). Why is tesla.com still showing 7/21-8/9?

Convinced my sister to order her Y that she wasn't planning on purchasing til next year. I told her based on the wait times, she might as well order now. So she did... and let the waiting games begin (for her..)Mwuahaha 😈

(Also forwarded her the spreadsheet to add her info)
Her order info: 7/18/21 MYLR White/Black | 20" | No FSD/Tow | 5 seater

hmmm...so my EDD on tesla.com shows 7/21-8/9. I called my SA yesterday and he doesn't give me any info so I called the Burbank location and ask if they have any info and SA there tells me that it's expected to leave the factory on 9/8 (yes, September 8th). Why is tesla.com still showing 7/21-8/9?
i really don't think they know anything until they have the VIN in the system. when i called in to burbank the sa i spoke to seemed exasperated and kept on apologizing to me about the process and how long it took to get my VIN. i think they are just getting hammered with calls from frustrated customers and people yelling at them non-stop so they have stock responses like "your car is expected to leave the factory on X/X" to appease everyone. that's my read on things at least.

i really don't think they know anything until they have the VIN in the system. when i called in to burbank the sa i spoke to seemed exasperated and kept on apologizing to me about the process and how long it took to get my VIN. i think they are just getting hammered with calls from frustrated customers and people yelling at them non-stop so they say have stock responses like "your car is expected to leave the factory on X/X" to appease everyone. that's my read on things at least.
ahh..thanks for the info.

On a separate note - how do I add my MY specs to my posts?