Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked my SA but didn't get a straight answer. I'm trading in my vehicle, but I recently paid it off so don't have the title. In the order I've submitted everything except photos of my title for trade in since I don't have them yet. I know it's not an exact science but is the fact that my trade in isn't a green checkmark there mean my spot in line isn't actually processing (as in I'm still at the end of the line), or does the trade in section not matter for that?

So finally after 87 days I got my VIN, 232XXX. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday the 22.

As of now my account page says it will be a home delivery but I am a little confused since I am planning on making my final payment with a cashier's check and according to the instructions I don't have to be home when it gets dropped off so I'm like who do I give the check to? I replied to the text they sent with questions so I'll let you all know what they say.

I could cancel the check and make the ACH payment but since they handle that transaction using a 3rd party (Plaid) that requires you to give them your bank login, something I don't feel comfortable doing, I think I'm going to stick with the check.

So while waiting for my MYLR (EDD changed from July 25th - August 14th to July 29th- August 18th today 😭) I decided to install the Tesla Home Charger in my garage.

Overall a pretty simple process once you have bought all the necessary items (breaker, wiring et al).

Total installation time was about 1 hour and a half and total cost was: 500 for the charger and 160 for wiring and new breaker.

Attachments

• 5A20283A-20F8-4332-9E34-DACC1A87A580.jpeg
    5A20283A-20F8-4332-9E34-DACC1A87A580.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 45
So finally after 87 days I got my VIN, 232XXX. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday the 22.

As of now my account page says it will be a home delivery but I am a little confused since I am planning on making my final payment with a cashier's check and according to the instructions I don't have to be home when it gets dropped off so I'm like who do I give the check to? I replied to the text they sent with questions so I'll let you all know what they say.

I could cancel the check and make the ACH payment but since they handle that transaction using a 3rd party (Plaid) that requires you to give them your bank login, something I don't feel comfortable doing, I think I'm going to stick with the check.
Congrat.
I got text in this morning too that the car will drop off wed 07/21, but I did not see any option for final payment.

You can avoid giving them your bank login.
Type in a bank that doesn't exist, then click "Exit" and you can put in your account/routing number instead of logging in.
I did it this morning.
1626712227410.png

Reactions: RuedasMagicas
You can avoid giving them your bank login.
Type in a bank that doesn't exist, then click "Exit" and you can put in your account/routing number instead of logging in.
I did it this morning.
View attachment 685923
Cool! I'll probably try that if they give me hassle with the check, I think there is a check cancellation fee but right now I'll just go with whatever gets me my car faster lol. Thanks for the tip!