Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, have been lurking around the Current Delivery Times thread and finally bit the bullet and registered for the forum and found this thread. My order date is 7/11 for a bare bones 2021 MYLR, white/black/gemini/etc. After completing my profile EDD went from October to 9/17-9/30 (with the first date moving a day or two in each direction the last few days. I’ll be picking up in Costa Mesa whenever it arrives.

Question though: is it normal for the Insurance to still show up under Next Steps in my Account page, even though I completed and uploaded proof of insurance pic? Shouldn’t it be under Completed section? Called SA and he said my profile looks good, but wouldn’t be the first time I received wrong info from an SA.

Thanks in advance.
We're car twins. Ordered on 7/14 picking up in Costa Mesa too. Who is your SA?

So, one final post about the EDD since I'll be getting my car tomorrow:

5/6: Ordered & profile tasks completed
6/02: 6/18-6/30
6/05: 6/20-6/30
6/12: 7/3-7/23
6/15&17: September
6/18: 7/4-7/26
6/19: 6/24-6/30
6/22&23: 6/25-6/30
6/24: September
6/25: 6/27-6/30
6/26-7/03: September
7/04-7/05: 7/7-7/27
7/06: 7/8-7/27
7/07: 7/9-7/27
7/08&09: 7/10-7/27
7/10: 7/12-7/27
7/11; 7/13-7/27
7/12: 7/14-7/26
7/13: 7/15-7/27
7/14: 7/16-7/28
7/15: 7/17-7/27
7/16: 7/18-7/28
7/17 4AM: October (Got the button then VIN / no email or phone with SA)
7/17 4:30am: Switched to 7/20 automatically (still no email)
7/18 10:30am: got text (still no email) that car can be delivered tomorrow and spoke with SA to confirm

Anyhow, so, 72 days to get my VIN. Good luck to fellow members waiting. If you live in SoCal and uses SoCal Edison, remember their rebate is $1,000. Also there's the State rebate that you can apply to as well.

Stay strong y'all! All the frustrations will disappear when you get the VIN! Just expect at least 2+ months if you're in SoCal like me. 🥰

P.S. my official "SA" has NEVER reached out to me.

*mic drop*
I have been following the thread and thanks for the tips regarding rebates. I hope your car will arrive perfect.

I'm new here to TMC, but wanted to share my EDD experience.

Ordered my MYLR (black/black, 5 seater, induction, no tow, FSD) on 5/30. Yes, about a month before end of quarter and I didn't know that would be an ordeal. Needless to say, a lot of fluctuation in my EDD range. On 6/26, I received my VIN, completed my down payment payment, got my third-party loan together, and scheduled delivery for 6/30 the next day. The night before my delivery day, my VIN was unmatched and my appointment was canceled. I received another VIN on 7/2, but that was unmatched just a day or two later. Since then my EDD has fluctuated tons: from late July, to August, to September, and even October. Mind you, my loan expires 30 days after approval, and I really didn't want another hit on my credit report.

Luckily I received a new VIN on Friday 7/16, and scheduled my delivery appointment for this Thursday. Crossing my fingers that my car will be there this time.

(In San Diego, BTW)

I have been following the thread and thanks for the tips regarding rebates. I hope your car will arrive perfect.
And when getting the $2,000 state CVRP rebate, don’t start it until you take possession of the car because:

For Tesla vehicles, the date of first registration with the California DMV is considered the date of purchase or lease. Applicants will need to re-apply if an application is submitted before this date. If you applied before the first date of your Tesla vehicle registration, please contact us to cancel this application.

saw this today on the 405 heading southbound just after the 10 freeway split and before the venice blvd exit. around 5-6 model y's in pearl white, blue, and msm. hope these are going to some of you!
I wonder what happens after those car delivery trucks drop off all the cars. Do they drive empty back up to the Bay Area? Or do they find another "customer" to deliver cars to. Hmm...

IMG_1117.jpeg

Picked up on Saturday in Santa Barbara. It is a wonderful car and once you receive it the madness of the wait is mostly forgotten. My Y has a few issues. My hood gap is not balance left to right and from front to back it has different elevations. The back passenger side interior trim has a bubble in it that seems to be caused for pulling pressure (easily seen if QA was performed). My fan makes a weird sound and my driver door doesn't always close successfully. I hope the service center can remedy the issues on Thursday. That said, I love the car and look forward to many years of enjoyment.

I just saw the pics and saved them. Pretty crazy.

Nowheels1.jpg

Nowheels2.jpg

Nowheels3.jpg
That sucks if you receive one of those cars. Besides damage to the rotors, that’s a lot of stress to the battery pack too if those bricks aren’t positioned just right. I doubt the thieves care where they line up the bricks.

Obviously there wasn’t a security patrol hired but I wonder if Sentry Mode is activated for those cars awaiting delivery.

View attachment 685835
Picked up on Saturday in Santa Barbara. It is a wonderful car and once you receive it the madness of the wait is mostly forgotten. My Y has a few issues. My hood gap is not balance left to right and from front to back it has different elevations. The back passenger side interior trim has a bubble in it that seems to be caused for pulling pressure (easily seen if QA was performed). My fan makes a weird sound and my driver door doesn't always close successfully. I hope the service center can remedy the issues on Thursday. That said, I love the car and look forward to many years of enjoyment.
Man, I hope the service center ca fix it all for you quick!
how was your experience picking up from SB?
I live in Camarillo too and will be picking up from there. Same car as you!