Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I got my VIN assigned on Jul 25th and on 29th my SA said car hasn't been built yet and should finish in 1st week of August...and that VIN might change again lol
For now, I’m in a holding pattern for a day or two, hoping I get a text from the delivery center.
And just to show how dates and information change all the time, I just got a text with: “we look forward to delivering your Model Y. Great news! Your Model Y is onsite and ready for delivery this week!”

I replied with “I can be there in 30” 😁

It's available again...but I couldn't even click buy fast enough..kept taking me back to the main page..and no SA to help 😭😭😭 transfer my order over.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
1627936382756.png

Crazy that there are new cars posting to Tesla's site when we're all clearly waiting. Refreshing the page viciously . . . congrats @johnnykwwang
Lots of people have set programs that search inventory for them - hard to compete with people that just get a notification when their spec comes up somewhere in the country. My order from 5/14 is $2500 under today’s price so doesn’t work for me…

Attached is an image of the sign at the DC in Stockton with the step-by-step directions. I like the simple steps on the sign.

Compare this to my previous new-car buying experience (Mazda CX9 2018) that took 2.5 hours to go through the needless paperwork with the guy with the flip book, and the Finance Guy, and the guy that works really hard for me to twist the manager's arm. I was paying cash, why do I need to talk to all of these guys? Then coming back for an additional 1 hour at pick-up. When I went to pick-up the Mazda, I did a quick walk-about to check the vehicle, but I couldn't open the back hatch. I asked the salesman to open the back but he couldn't either. "Well, we will look into it, you can pick it up tomorrow". Absolutely not. I stood there and waited while they grabbed a crew from the service department to find the problem. Seems that they hadn't attached an electrical harness cable when the vehicle came off of the delivery truck (unattached for safety purposes during transient. I ordered it from the factory so no one had driven it and it had just arrived at the dealership 3 days before). But this means that no one at the dealership had even bothered to inspect it for those 3 days. Same thing happened with my new 1992 Pontiac Bonneville -- at pick-up the salesman raved about how detailed of an inspection they had performed. I told him to his face that it was a complete lie. There was a gasket hanging out of the lock on the drivers side door -- I noticed it immediately because I had to unlock the door with the key. He ran out and looked at it. Came back in and didn't say a word...

Yes, getting a Tesla is frustrating. Just keep in mind that only the factory actually knows when our cars will be made. Elon must have some AI optimizing the production efficiency (instead of optimizing our emotions) ;)

But this process is not nearly as frustrating as a car dealership. Deep breadth. Just don't sell your existing car until after your new Tesla is in your driveway.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Attachments

• PickUpDirections.png
    PickUpDirections.png
    377 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reactions: LSJR and mrshot1
Attached is an image of the sign at the DC in Stockton with the step-by-step directions. I like the simple steps on the sign.

Compare this to my previous new-car buying experience (Mazda CX9 2018) that took 2.5 hours to go through the needless paperwork with the guy with the flip book, and the Finance Guy, and the guy that works really hard for me to twist the manager's arm. Then coming back for an additional 1 hour at pick-up. When I went to pick-up the Mazda, I did a quick walk-about to check the vehicle, but I couldn't open the back hatch. I asked the salesman to open the back but he couldn't either. "Well, we will look into it, you can pick it up tomorrow". Absolutely not. I stood there and waited while they grabbed a crew from the service department to find the problem. Seems that they hadn't attached an electrical harness cable when the vehicle came off of the delivery truck (unattached for safety purposes during transient. I ordered it from the factory so no one had driven it and it had just arrived at the dealership 3 days before). But this means that no one at the dealership had even bothered to inspect it for those 3 days. Same thing happened with my new 1992 Pontiac Bonneville -- at pick-up the salesman raved about how detailed of an inspection they had performed. I told him to his face that it was a complete lie. There was a gasket hanging out of the lock on the drivers side door -- I noticed it immediately because I had to unlock the door with the key. He ran out and looked at it. Came back in and didn't say a word...

Yes, getting a Tesla is frustrating. Just keep in mind that only the factory actually knows when our cars will be made. Elon must have some AI optimizing the production efficiency (instead of optimizing our emotions) ;)

But this process is not nearly as frustrating as a car dealership. Deep breadth. Just don't sell your existing car until after your new Tesla is in your driveway.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Your sage advice and kind words are a little too late :(

I sold my car yesterday and want my Tesla naaaowwwww

tenor.gif

Hehe. Jk. Great advice!

How is there “inventory” when people are clearly waiting for the exact same cars around the country or state. I’d fly anywhere in the country to pick up my vehicle - same day
Just speculating but I cannot stop thinking that these inventory cars are rejects. Might be totally wrong but if someone does not accept the car where does it go? My thoughts are these are the cars someone else didn’t want.