Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the government
  • Sellers have to ship your order within the time they (or their ads) say — that goes whether they say “2-Day Shipping” or “In Stock & Ships Today.” If they don’t give a time, they must ship within 30 days of when you placed your order.
  • If there’s a delay shipping your order, the seller has to tell you and give you the choice of either agreeing to the delay or canceling your order for a full refund.
  • If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund — not just a gift card or store credit.

According to the government
  • Sellers have to ship your order within the time they (or their ads) say — that goes whether they say “2-Day Shipping” or “In Stock & Ships Today.” If they don’t give a time, they must ship within 30 days of when you placed your order.
  • If there’s a delay shipping your order, the seller has to tell you and give you the choice of either agreeing to the delay or canceling your order for a full refund.
  • If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund — not just a gift card or store credit.
@Where’s my car

I think that is only if you paid for the item. You did not. You have a non-refundable deposit. You can cancel at any time.

I agree 100% that this process is broken and feel badly for you. Hoping your VIN is around the corner.

I don’t want my car before you get yours, along with everyone else in May and April delivery threads. /s 😉

Is that why I still don't have my Feb order, because I'm saving $5000 from my $48,990 purchase price? Hah. I wouldn't put it passed Tesla as they're all about earnings & profits rather than quality control & customer service, but we'll see what happens. Right now my EDD is currently showing Sept 9 - Sept 29 on my LR.

The Perf that I ordered 3 weeks ago shows an EDD of 8/9 - 8/29.... hence my statement about Tesla only caring about earnings & profits :rolleyes: :p
From an economics perspective, what matters more than P/L?

Congrats! Any pics you can share and what kind of small minor issues?
My wife took all the pictures at delivery and they haven’t uploaded to Google Photos yet for me to grab em! And I think if I wake her up trying to grab her phone off the nightstand, I’m a dead man! Pics in the morning!

Regarding the issues:
- Rear driver’s side door is sagging slightly and needs alignment (gaps are off a bit)
- Hatch is shifted slightly right and needs alignment (gaps)
- Two small dirt smudges on the interior trim (will try to clean myself in the morning with simple soap/water)
- Small dimple/dent in the interior door trim on the front passenger door
- Chip/scratch on on of the wheels

Reactions: bawertu2220
Picked up MYP just a few hours ago via a contactless pickup! Car is damn near perfect. Just a few minor issues that I will raise with the SC tomorrow, however, no major issues whatsoever!

Hang in there folks! The wait, even if it is long, will be well worth it!
Congrats.

But it’s not worth it, instant gratification is what people are use to. one can have some patience in there but throw in lack of customer service, lack of updates and a 50k+ price tag…to forget all that bad taste because you finally get a vehicle, I’d have to disagree. I hope you never forget this experience and realize when you get the car service to expect the same service you had receive while waiting for the car.

what’s worse is that SAs have told me that the white/black interior MYLR no upgrades basic everything is the most common basic car to order so that’s why it’s taking so long to deliver. LoL it’s like they WANT you to spend more and those that don’t are just a number added to the back of the list.

Reactions: jp2021
My wife took all the pictures at delivery and they haven’t uploaded to Google Photos yet for me to grab em! And I think if I wake her up trying to grab her phone off the nightstand, I’m a dead man! Pics in the morning!

Regarding the issues:
- Rear driver’s side door is sagging slightly and needs alignment (gaps are off a bit)
- Hatch is shifted slightly right and needs alignment (gaps)
- Two small dirt smudges on the interior trim (will try to clean myself in the morning with simple soap/water)
- Small dimple/dent in the interior door trim on the front passenger door
- Chip/scratch on on of the wheels
Yeah better not to wake up the wifey lol and def make a service appointment for those items ASAP! Looking forward to the pics