Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD of "December" has now vanished. I'm just hoping that it doesn't bump into 2022. I have a feeling that once Texas starts making anything, the situation here in California should be better. So I'm rooting for Austin to come on-line soon. Goooooo Texassssss !

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: -blank-
DC: Stockton

My EDD of "December" has now vanished. I'm just hoping that it doesn't bump into 2022. I have a feeling that once Texas starts making anything, the situation here in California should be better. So I'm rooting for Austin to come on-line soon. Goooooo Texassssss !

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
Same here, I think i must be near you as i had a choice of Stockton or Dublin Delivery Center. I chose Dublin. Had December EDD (8/1 order) but it's now gone. I don't mind a longer wait as I'm not in a hurry, but wouldn't mind getting it before the end of hear holidays.

Reactions: e645824
My EDD for the last week has had the first date move every day, but the last date stay the same.

8/2-8/16
8/3-8/16
8/4-8/16

All the way to 8/6-8/16 yesterday. Was actually starting to expect a VIN because I hit that "magic" 10 day window. But then EDD changed to 8/7-8/23 today. So whatever. I should have known better. I've done this before. Don't trust the EDD. Ever.

It's actually fine since I'll be out of state next week.

Congrats.

But it’s not worth it, instant gratification is what people are use to. one can have some patience in there but throw in lack of customer service, lack of updates and a 50k+ price tag…to forget all that bad taste because you finally get a vehicle, I’d have to disagree. I hope you never forget this experience and realize when you get the car service to expect the same service you had receive while waiting for the car.

what’s worse is that SAs have told me that the white/black interior MYLR no upgrades basic everything is the most common basic car to order so that’s why it’s taking so long to deliver. LoL it’s like they WANT you to spend more and those that don’t are just a number added to the back of the list.
That may be you but definitely not me. I’m on my third Tesla having waited almost a year back in 2012 and the experience when you finally get the car is well worth the wait. I never had issues with service either and I would expect that the folks who are satisfied with service are posting less than the ones with issues. Also if you look at the google docs spreadsheet of folks orders the non-white/black are quite delayed. They had a practice of batching the colors in the past and not sure if that’s going on still. At any rate—I’m happy to wait because I know I will be happy with the outcome.

Y'all end of year or early 22 just means your likely to get the upcoming refresh of the Y....giga Austin is suspected to start production this October.

I actually don't want an early Austin vehicle. They'll have bugs to work out and I'm perfectly happy with the tried-and-true Fremont version at this point. Plus, I would guess that vehicles from Austin would go to midWest and East Coast deliveries. So California would still receive vehicles from Fremont.

--

Reactions: mrfeb14
That may be you but definitely not me. I’m on my third Tesla having waited almost a year back in 2012 and the experience when you finally get the car is well worth the wait. I never had issues with service either and I would expect that the folks who are satisfied with service are posting less than the ones with issues. Also if you look at the google docs spreadsheet of folks orders the non-white/black are quite delayed. They had a practice of batching the colors in the past and not sure if that’s going on still. At any rate—I’m happy to wait because I know I will be happy with the outcome.
Same. I was quite upset back in 2018. That lasted zero days once I got the car. I've probably had more service trips than most due to a mystery brake issue that was finally fixed. Service has been fine for me.